Status
Not open for further replies.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:
How can we show that Jesus is the Rock from the New Testament?

Hi there!

:wave:

[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1Co 10:4[/font] [font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. [/font]

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Jesus My Wisdom

Mar 28, 2004
✟569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Peter is the Shepherd of the sheep as per Jesus' request.

Peter must be the Messiah.

Symes said:

[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][/font]
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]But what does it do to Peter? [/font]
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][/font]
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Can Peter be a rock and also Christ?[/font]

Yes both of them can be.

JMW

Upvote 0

Curt

Curt
Jan 26, 2004
Puyallup, Washington
✟792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Symes said:

How is that so?

John 14:12
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 17:21
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
2 Cor 4:11
11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
Col 2:9-12
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
1 Pet 4:1-2
1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
1 Pet 5:10
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
I Jn 4:17
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
John 10:34-36
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
(KJV)
The above Scriptures should make it pretty clear. Jesus is The Rock we are one in Him, The Father and The Holy Spirit.

Josh 24:15
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Prov 3:5-8
5 TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART; and LEAN NOT UNTO THINE OWN understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
2 Tim 3:16-17
16 ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, AND IS PROFITABLE for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE PERFECT, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Pet 1:20
20 Knowing this first, that NO PROPHECY OF THE SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.
2 Sam 14:14
14 For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again; NEITHER DOTH GOD RESPECT ANY PERSON: yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.
Job 37:24
24 Men do therefore fear him: HE RESPECTETH NOT ANY THAT ARE WISE OF HEART.
John 17:22-23
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE.
23 I in them, and thou in me, THAT THEY MAY BE MADE PERFECT IN ONE; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Ps 138:2
2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness AND FOR THY TRUTH: FOR THOU HAST MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME.
James 1:22-25
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
(KJV)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Jesus My Wisdom said:
Peter is the Shepherd of the sheep as per Jesus' request.

Peter must be the Messiah.

Yes both of them can be.

JMW

Messiah as in teacher, leader...Peter can be those....but Jesus is the only Messiah that will fulfill all the Messiah prophecies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.