Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm -23

Verse 2 – God’s intention is always to lead us to green pastures. If you are a sheep, what would you be looking for? Green pastures! Why! Because you want a testy meal!

That is God’s own intention, always to provide us with plenty of green pastures, and anything we need. That is his way of prospering his children.
He has also promised to comfort us when we suffer. His yoke is easy, and he wants to give us rest, as he promised, by taking us to the quiet waters. What will we do at the quiet waters? We will rest. That is why he wants to take us there. That is relaxation. That is comfort.
He refreshes our soul – Verse 3.

Verse 4 – Even if we walk through the valley of death, we do not need to fear evil, because God takes us through the valley of death, but he does not leave us there. The problem or suffering is only temporary. We go through the valley of death, we do not stay there. God does not want to leave us there. He wants to take us to the breakthrough. He comforts us, even while we are passing through the valley of death.

Verse 5 – A table represent feast and food. When God gives you abundance of food and what you need, and when he gives you prosperity, no enemy can take it away from you! Your enemies do not want you to prosper and to have an abundance. But God gives you that in their presence.

Verse 6 – His goodness and love are always there, all the days of our life, not here today, and not tomorrow.

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 23 is so precious to me — I expect it is to just about all Christians, and Jews as well of course. I remember in a discussion on another forum (a secular one), we were having a conversation about what the world's oldest "popular song" might be, and Psalm 23 was what we agreed on — it was possibly written up to 1,000 years before Christ, making it up to 3,000 years old, and yet it's still loved and recognised and sung or recited in so many different ways and languages all around the world.

There have been many books written about this Psalm, but one of my favourites is a beautiful little one written in 1904 and, I think, still available in print today. It's by an author who had a real shepherd from Syria visiting him and his family, and who explained to them in detail what each verse of the 23rd Psalm means in relation to the real-life work and practices of traditional sheep-herding in the Middle East.

I've found a PDF of it online and thought others might like to read it too, if you haven't already — here's a link:

The Song of Our Syrian Guest — William Allen Knight

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0