Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Who else can your God be, but mother earth.

But then who is the creator of the universe?

I think it has something to do with this:

classic-designs-3-white-letter-i-1-digit-pack-5-54621-p.jpg

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 1:26 >

"I also will laugh at your calamity;
.I will mock when your terror comes,"

. . . . . . . . . . . (Proverbs 1:26)

I have understood this to mean that when people go against God and His wisdom, then wisdom can laugh at the person who has gotten oneself into problems.

So, this is not talking about how we can get into trouble that we did not cause, and how we can be attacked while doing things for God.

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
.But the LORD delivers him out of them all."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Psalm 34:19)

So, while afflictions come our way and we obey how God takes care of us, we get taken care of. But plenty of people get into troubles, but they disobey how God would guide them. So . . . you might laugh, too, if someone comes to you for help but then he or she does always the exact opposite of cooperating with how you would help the person.

So, what does God do, though? He does do something practical, not only laughing >

"God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, and also in 1 Peter 5:5).

He arranges for things to resist us while we are acting in ego and being stubborn and not listening to Him. Things of resistance can be very hard and painful, but not as bad as what we would get into, if God just let us go totally free.

Jesus says,

"'He who loves his life will lose it, but he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.'" (John 12:25)

So, yes there are people who have lived only for themselves, and they are losing their lives . . . not only by dying, I understand, but ones in selfishness live in weakness so they lose themselves to fear and hate and lusts and unforgiveness and worry and hurry and boredom and loneliness; and they suffer a slow and living death of not loving the way we can with Jesus.

And when troubles come, it can be easier for it to get to them, since they are living in the weakness of their selfish character. And then practically they do not have the wisdom and creativity of God guiding us in His peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So . . . we always can do what God has us doing in sharing with Him in His peace. Colossians 3:15 to me means He always wants each of us to share with Him, like this. So, then > we always have something good to do, don't we? :)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I have understood this to mean that when people go against God and His wisdom, then wisdom can laugh at the person who has gotten oneself into problems.

So, this is not talking about how we can get into trouble that we did not cause, and how we can be attacked while doing things for God.

So, while afflictions come our way and we obey how God takes care of us, we get taken care of. But plenty of people get into troubles, but they disobey how God would guide them. So . . . you might laugh, too, if someone comes to you for help but then he or she does always the exact opposite of cooperating with how you would help the person.

So, what does God do, though? He does do something practical, not only laughing >

He arranges for things to resist us while we are acting in ego and being stubborn and not listening to Him. Things of resistance can be very hard and painful, but not as bad as what we would get into, if God just let us go totally free.

Jesus says,

"'He who loves his life will lose it, but he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.'" (John 12:25)

So, yes there are people who have lived only for themselves, and they are losing their lives . . . not only by dying, I understand, but ones in selfishness live in weakness so they lose themselves to fear and hate and lusts and unforgiveness and worry and hurry and boredom and loneliness; and they suffer a slow and living death of not loving the way we can with Jesus.

And when troubles come, it can be easier for it to get to them, since they are living in the weakness of their selfish character. And then practically they do not have the wisdom and creativity of God guiding us in His peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So . . . we always can do what God has us doing in sharing with Him in His peace. Colossians 3:15 to me means He always wants each of us to share with Him, like this. So, then > we always have something good to do, don't we? :)
Good to remember practical wisdom.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The virus on earth will leach into the entire animal kingdom.

It's a magic carpet ride
Every door will open wide
To happy people like you--

What a beautiful sunny day
Sweepin' the clouds away

On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street?

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who else can your God be, but mother earth.

But then who is the creator of the universe?

I think it has something to do with this:

View attachment 274078

Then it must be the first one who said "I" for the first time and that would be the one who created the universe.

• Agree
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor

Jesus says,

As much as I can perceive, our planet is taking action against a surface nuisance.

I wonder what animal that is.

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
It's a magic carpet ride
Every door will open wide
To happy people like you--

What a beautiful sunny day
Sweepin' the clouds away

On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street?
Ask Major Houlihan, she knows.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not the alphabet letter I.

..Not the alphabet, but the first one who called Himself "I" before creating the universe. The first "I". ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ask Major Houlihan, she knows.

Is "Hot Lips" Houlihan the archetype for our courageous health care workers who attend to those afflicted by Mother Earth's action against the surface nuisance?

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
My bad, I was trying to...never mind.

I see the resemblance, now. I hadn't put those two together. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Dr. Teeth is based on Dr. John. And, I can't confirm this, but Animal is defintely Ginger Baker.
You were trying to? Analyse what my post meant by what your beliefs dictate? That doesn't work, it only causes people to draw inaccurate information, and divide them against each other.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You were trying to? Analyse what my post meant by what your beliefs dictate? That doesn't work, it only causes people to draw inaccurate information, and divide them against each other.

This couldn't be more fun.

Upvote 0