United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proud Boys to attend Jan. 6 DC rallies 'incognito'

Will they wear masks and socially distance?

theHill said:
Several public demonstrations will take place throughout the day on Jan. 6. The Washington Post reported there have been online threats of violence, ploys to smuggle guns into the District and calls to set up an “armed encampment” on the Washington Mall.

Despite escalating tensions ahead of Wednesday's planned mass gatherings, Trump has been eager to invite any and all of his supporters to D.C.
That's our Donald!

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The "kid gloves" way in which The Hill describes the issue in that article shows the report to be unreliable (as if we wouldn't have good reason for concluding that, anyway).

Are we to think, for example, that the Proud Boys will be beating up innocent, non-violent bystanders and destroying buildings?

If not, they aren't Antifa.

Will they be attacking people carrying American flags or wearing red hats?

So we'll watch and see, on that date, if the story is about the Proud Boys infiltrating something or if, on the other hand, it's about Antifa having created an alibi for itself in advance.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "kid gloves" way in which The Hill describes the issue in that article shows the report to be unreliable (as if we wouldn't have good reason for concluding that, anyway).
Not really. The article is not about antifa, if you read it.

Are we to think, for example, that the Proud Boys will be beating up innocent, non-violent bystanders and destroying buildings?

The Proud Boys are known for their violence which does not stop at innocent bystanders.

Will they be attacking people carrying American flags or wearing red hats?

No, antifa often clashes with the Proud Boys who wear black and yellow.
_112942798_mediaitem112942797.jpg

That's a Proud Boy.

So we'll watch and see, on that date, if the story is about the Proud Boys infiltrating something or if, on the other hand, it's about Antifa having created an alibi for itself in advance.
Mighty clever of Antifa to create an alibi by having the Proud Boys make the announcement on Parler...

theHill said:
The group's chairman, Enrique Tarrio, announced on social media that group members "might dress in all BLACK for the occasion."

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Mighty clever of Antifa to create an alibi by having the Proud Boys make the announcement on Parler...
They learned that from Democrats who cheated so good in stealing the Presidency from Saint Ronnie Donnie, that even experts think that it looks like a regular, normal election!

• Haha
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's an open question. I assumed that you'd see it as I explained the matter in my post.
I see what you’re getting at but I think you are wrong. I explained why.

Upvote 0

Caleb1823

Jan 2, 2018
Auckland
✟16,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I cannot stand Antifa and I wish the US Government would ACTUALLY do something about these clowns running around destroying the place and trashing peoples business.

I know America is all about freedom of speech but this stuff is just getting to a point of being crazy now. I have had conversations with Antifa on different websites and have been threatened to be doxed and one even wanted to call the police on me so they would shoot my dog.

These folks are not peaceful anymore and are domestic terrorists that need to be treated like an enemy of the state. Send the Marines in to deal with these people is what I say.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly I cannot stand Antifa and I wish the US Government would ACTUALLY do something about these clowns running around destroying the place and trashing peoples business.

I know America is all about freedom of speech but this stuff is just getting to a point of being crazy now. I have had conversations with Antifa on different websites and have been threatened to be doxed and one even wanted to call the police on me so they would shoot my dog.

These folks are not peaceful anymore and are domestic terrorists that need to be treated like an enemy of the state. Send the Marines in to deal with these people is what I say.
The “ANTIFA member” you talked to definitely wasn’t a 14 year-old cutting his online chemistry class to chat with you, right?

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The head of the Proud Boys won't be attending the Jan 6 rally as he has been arrested for - surprise! - destruction of property.

NYT said:
Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested by Metropolitan Police on suspicion of burning a Black Lives Matter banner torn from a historic Black church in Washington during protests last month that led to several violent clashes, including stabbings, around the city.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department confirmed that Mr. Tarrio, 36, had been arrested on charges of destruction of property, stemming from a mid-December incident in downtown Washington. Upon his arrest he was found to be in possession of two high-capacity firearm magazines and charged accordingly with possession.

Transition Highlights: Georgia Official Blasts Trump for Repeating Falsehoods on Eve of Two Critical Senate Runoffs

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

nothing like threatening to send the army in to deal with citizens to prove you aren't fascist right.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The head of the Proud Boys won't be attending the Jan 6 rally as he has been arrested for - surprise! - destruction of property.
But wait, I thought right-wing protesters didn't commit vandalism!

Upvote 0

Caleb1823

Jan 2, 2018
Auckland
✟16,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The “ANTIFA member” you talked to definitely wasn’t a 14 year-old cutting his online chemistry class to chat with you, right?
Not with the way he was putting sentences together no.

nothing like threatening to send the army in to deal with citizens to prove you aren't fascist right.

Hey I mean isn't public order better than public disorder?
Have you even been seeing what these people are doing and yet you do not want to send the military in at all? This is not peaceful anymore and needs to be treat in a serious matter.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you even been seeing what these people are doing and yet you do not want to send the military in at all? This is not peaceful anymore and needs to be treat in a serious matter.

If peace is enforced at the end of a gun, how is it actually “peace”?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not with the way he was putting sentences together no.

The military of the United States of American is legally prohibited from Law Enforcement operations* because we have police for that.

*yes, there are exceptions

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If peace is enforced at the end of a gun, how is it actually “peace”?

Why not ? Merrimack - Webster...peace

1: a state of tranquility or quiet: such as
a: freedom from civil disturbance Peace and order were finally restored in the town.
b: a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom a breach of the peace

Peace is just a lack of disturbance, war and disorder. The word doesn’t really take any stand on other philosophical aspects like if it is just, democratic or enforced.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why not ? Merrimack - Webster...peace

1: a state of tranquility or quiet: such as
a: freedom from civil disturbance Peace and order were finally restored in the town.
b: a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom a breach of the peace

Peace is just a lack of disturbance, war and disorder. The word doesn’t really take any stand on other philosophical aspects like if it is just, democratic or enforced.
I’m sorry, if the peace of the land depends on “sending in the military” to take care of “troublemakers” then I might’ve awakened in a different universe yesterday.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry, if the peace of the land depends on “sending in the military” to take care of “troublemakers” then I might’ve awakened in a different universe yesterday.

Some universe where they didn’t have definitions for words ?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you mean to write "Inauguration" in the title?
Yes, but looking at the article now I see that was a mistake. Good catch - thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0