Protesters face Felony charges of Rioting.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Through the book at em. We need to enforce the law finally.
Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say

WASHINGTON (CBSNEWS/AP) – Most of the approximately 230 protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will be charged with felony rioting, federal prosecutors said.
A first group of 10 men appeared in Superior Court just before 3 p.m., and their lawyer entered a not guilty plea on their behalf. A judge released all of them on the condition they not get re-arrested in the District of Columbia.

Interim D.C. police chief Peter Newsham said Friday that 217 people were being charged with rioting.

The arrests took place in a four-block stretch of downtown Washington around the time of President Trump’s swearing-in ceremony.

The arrests came after some protesters created chaos. Windows of downtown businesses were smashed, and police deployed pepper spray and “sting balls” against the crowd.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office said the offense is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. The office said most of those arrested will be released without having to post bail and must return to court in February.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say

WASHINGTON (CBSNEWS/AP) – Most of the approximately 230 protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will be charged with felony rioting, federal prosecutors said.
A first group of 10 men appeared in Superior Court just before 3 p.m., and their lawyer entered a not guilty plea on their behalf. A judge released all of them on the condition they not get re-arrested in the District of Columbia.

Interim D.C. police chief Peter Newsham said Friday that 217 people were being charged with rioting.

The arrests took place in a four-block stretch of downtown Washington around the time of President Trump’s swearing-in ceremony.

The arrests came after some protesters created chaos. Windows of downtown businesses were smashed, and police deployed pepper spray and “sting balls” against the crowd.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office said the offense is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. The office said most of those arrested will be released without having to post bail and must return to court in February.

And in some states if convicted, they won't be able to vote.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This stance is long overdue. It would have been great to have had it for Ferguson, Oakland, Baltimore and Dallas.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This stance is long overdue. It would have been great to have had it for Ferguson, Oakland, Baltimore and Dallas.

Appeasement does not work.

I say if protesters have masks on they should be arrested on the spot for Riot incitement.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People weren't arrested in those other cities? I think you are incorrect about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
People weren't arrested in those other cities? I think you are incorrect about that.
I don't think he's saying that. I haven't seen the numbers but I do remember that in those other places a lot less was done and over a longer period of time.

The OP is showing a lot more arrests in a short time frame. Quick action is the way to go.

Upvote 0