The Wild West
✟476,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There a very small Lutheran denomination called the Protest-Ants, which broke off from WELS over a minor theological dispute, which has at most six parishes, of which only one appears to have a substantial congregation. Are any of you familiar with this denomination and its beliefs? I don’t really understand the theological dispute they had with WELS (although I have to confess, I also did not understand the distinction ELDONA was seeking to emphasize in their video interview recently shared on this forum; perhaps I was distracted by all of the really beautiful churches and altars, or perhaps I am just not proficient enough in the nuances of Lutheran theology to be able to understand it; even some Reformed concepts like Federal Vision Theology have me totally confused, so perhaps if someone could break down the Protest-ant and ELDONA justification issues for me, that would be greatly edifying.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,021.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm familiar with ELDONA, but Protest-Ant is new to me. I don't even know how to google them! Or do you have in mind the Protes'tant Conference?

There are so many small Lutheran bodies, it's hard to keep track of, even if I serve in one!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never head of them, seems like they would be better off just joining the Association of Free Lutheran Churches denomination, maybe making a loose confederation within that.

Upvote 0