Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
3 John 1:2, Psalm 65:4, 11, Psalm 66:12, Psalm 84:11

There is a lot of rejection about a prosperity preaching today, but there is a true Biblical prosperity. Prosperity according to God's will, is not only about money! If God delights in us, as Psalm 16 says, and we are his children, then he finds pleasure, to see us enjoy things in this life, because that gives him joy too. A parent rejoices to see that his child if full of joy, when it is given presents from the parent.

God wants us to prosper spiritually, physically and financially!

The name 'Eden' in the book of Genesis means 'Enjoyment', in its original language. You see from the start, God wanted Adam and Eve, to have an abundance and provision for everything, and to enjoy their life in the Paradise.

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 John 1:2, Psalm 65:4, 11, Psalm 66:12, Psalm 84:11

There is a lot of rejection about a prosperity preaching today, but there is a true Biblical prosperity. Prosperity according to God's will, is not only about money! If God delights in us, as Psalm 16 says, and we are his children, then he finds pleasure, to see us enjoy things in this life, because that gives him joy too. A parent rejoices to see that his child if full of joy, when it is given presents from the parent.

God wants us to prosper spiritually, physically and financially!

The name 'Eden' in the book of Genesis means 'Enjoyment', in its original language. You see from the start, God wanted Adam and Eve, to have an abundance and provision for everything, and to enjoy their life in the Paradise.

Problem is what is preached today is not spiritual prosperity and health. What is preached is a false gospel that says you give 10% of your income to some preacher and it is equal to giving it to God, which it is not. Furthermore, the false gospel presents God as some sort of cosmic slot machine that you put in an investment with God with money and you get back double triple your investment. This entire false gospel is predicated on the greed of those who preach it and those who hear it. It is pure covetousness. It is hinged on misinterpretation of scripture like Malachi 3 shall a man rob God, others like - pressed down shaken together (not about money, but about forgiveness and judgement), 30, 60, 100 fold, which is about the seed of God which is his WORD, not money. Surely the Lord does not have issue with people having money but this is NOT what is preached. What is preached is a phony false gospel such as seed faith, tithing, and giving above and beyond offering....

Now let's look at the scriptures you supplied and their context.

3 JohnKing James Version (KJV)
1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Walking in TRUTH is the context prosperity in this chapter, not financial wealth. Just in case it is not obvious let's continue to read.

5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:

7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.

Verse 8 reinforces that TRUTH is the prosperity. Verse 7 negatiates the notion that this is about money as he makes a point to say that he took nothing of the Gentiles. What he is referencing is material goods.

Psalm
65 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.

2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:

That is not about money or financial blessing either. That is about those who are in fellowship with the Lord, to dwell in thy house is to be in close communion with the Lord.

Psalm 66
8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:

9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Again not about money, he is talking about being purified as silver, which is to be purged of sin.

Hebrew word used for "wealthy" is not money.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 2x
The KJV translates Strong's H7310 in the following manner: run over (1x), wealthy (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. saturation
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
רְוָיָה rᵉvâyâh, rev-aw-yaw'; from H7301; satisfaction:—runneth over, wealthy.

He is talking about the blessing of being in right standing with the Lord and the wealth of having the Lord purge him, that is the running over satisfaction his soul enjoys.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Problem is what is preached today is not spiritual prosperity and health. What is preached is a false gospel that says you give 10% of your income to some preacher and it is equal to giving it to God, which it is not. Furthermore, the false gospel presents God as some sort of cosmic slot machine that you put in an investment with God with money and you get back double triple your investment. This entire false gospel is predicated on the greed of those who preach it and those who hear it. It is pure covetousness. It is hinged on misinterpretation of scripture like Malachi 3 shall a man rob God, others like - pressed down shaken together (not about money, but about forgiveness and judgement), 30, 60, 100 fold, which is about the seed of God which is his WORD, not money. Surely the Lord does not have issue with people having money but this is NOT what is preached. What is preached is a phony false gospel such as seed faith, tithing, and giving above and beyond offering....

Now let's look at the scriptures you supplied and their context.

3 JohnKing James Version (KJV)
1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Walking in TRUTH is the context prosperity in this chapter, not financial wealth. Just in case it is not obvious let's continue to read.

5 Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:

7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

8 We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.

Verse 8 reinforces that TRUTH is the prosperity. Verse 7 negatiates the notion that this is about money as he makes a point to say that he took nothing of the Gentiles. What he is referencing is material goods.

Psalm
65 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.

2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:

That is not about money or financial blessing either. That is about those who are in fellowship with the Lord, to dwell in thy house is to be in close communion with the Lord.

Psalm 66
8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:

9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Again not about money, he is talking about being purified as silver, which is to be purged of sin.

Hebrew word used for "wealthy" is not money.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 2x
The KJV translates Strong's H7310 in the following manner: run over (1x), wealthy (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. saturation
Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
רְוָיָה rᵉvâyâh, rev-aw-yaw'; from H7301; satisfaction:—runneth over, wealthy.

He is talking about the blessing of being in right standing with the Lord and the wealth of having the Lord purge him, that is the running over satisfaction his soul enjoys.

Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False Preachers that walk amongst us preaching the importance of "giving them is giving to God" will lead us to doom. But how do we rid our society from these preachers? that's the important question.

The bible says walk out your own salvation with fear.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

What can we do;

1.Take personal accountability. Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 13:5
2. Be good Bereans, study the word for yourself. Acts 17:11
3. Keep a repentant heart Acts 3:19
4 Be bold and confront wicked false teachers Ephesians 5:11
5. Stop giving false teachers money 2 Peter 2:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0