Pros and cons of religous forums

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your not alone. I've become a Universalist as well.

Here’s an abbreviated version of what an “Expanded Christ” looks like to me…

I intentionally used the word "Christ" instead of the word "Jesus". Christ as I experience it is the Divine Light with in Life itself. Its way beyond and so cannot be contained or bounded by any historic figure in its Cosmic wide reach and depth of breath. Yet at the same time it’s within every Soul as well as every element of Creation. An expanded Christ is a kind of Life force that I take as that part of God that shows itself in physical form. It's such that we can see God and participate in God in the world we live in. I see it in some sense as the Christ mystery. It’s where the visible world and invisible world are put together. Being a Penenthest and not a Dualist, what that means for me is that everywhere I look, there God is.

Let the calls of Heresy begin. :)

I don't know how others here on CF will feel about your honesty in answering my question, but there won't be any cat-calls of heresy coming from me. Not today, anyway, since I'm all out of rhetoric and chutzpah for the moment. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I intentionally used the word "Christ" instead of the word "Jesus". Christ as I experience it is the Divine Light with in Life itself. Its way beyond and so cannot be contained or bounded by any historic figure in its Cosmic wide reach and depth of breath. Yet at the same time it’s within every Soul as well as every element of Creation. An expanded Christ is a kind of Life force that I take as that part of God that shows itself in physical form. It's such that we can see God and participate in God in the world we live in. I see it in some sense as the Christ mystery. It’s where the visible world and invisible world are put together. Being a Penenthest and not a Dualist, what that means for me is that everywhere I look, there God is.

That version of Christ matches well with what I have seemed to experience a few times. I don't see Christ and God in creation as much though. I see Christ more as a keyhole where the light of God is shining through on a created world just hatched from primordial darkness.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Where do you see the historical Jesus of Nazareth fitting into the Expanded Christ model?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Where do you see the historical Jesus of Nazareth fitting into the Expanded Christ model?
I can only speak for myself. I believe what Jesus was saying is I'm showing you what the dance looks like. Join me in the dance in relationship with the Divine Life force of everything.

Upvote 0