JW Prophecy - 2 Peter 1:19-21; Genesis 40:8 KJB - Daniel & Revelation, etc. Who's Right? SDA or WTS/JW?

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The intent of this thread is as follows:

Prophecy - 2 Peter 1:19-21; Genesis 40:8 KJB - Daniel & Revelation, etc. Who's Right? Seventh-day Adventist movement or WTS/JW?:

2 Peter 1:19 KJB - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2 Peter 1:20 KJB - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:21 KJB - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

[God, the day star, the Holy Ghost]
Genesis 40:8 KJB - And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.​

This thread is about "prophecy" [KJB]; that which is found from Genesis to Revelation [KJB], and comparing to the two systems thereto:

[1] the Seventh-day Adventist movement

[2] the WTS/JW organization

My personal statement of faith in regards interpretation of prophecy:

The Bible [KJB] is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. Therefore, God's own word is defined by God therein. This does not exclude me from also referring to Creation, Historical materials, etc., as needed, in secondary support evidence.​

Here are two Links, that all those who are going to participate [whether of the Seventh-day Adventist movement, WTS/JW organization or other], ought to download for quick references.

Though I will be citing scripture [KJB], I will be heavily drawing from my own work in those two links for this thread. Any who are not acquainted with the material therein will have no excuse when participating in this thread, for it has been freely provided, and so also freely give.

Here are the rules for this thread, for all who participate [if you, as a person reading these rules, do not agree to these rules, please do not participate, as there will be no allowances for exceptions]:

[1] All sources, whether Bible [KJB] [or whatever is used as final authority], or other historical source, or reference material, such as dictionary, concordance, lexicon, commentary, etc., must be to the primary/original [not secondary, tertiary, where possible], and are to be cited in their full specific reference/s [ellipses, properly used where necessary within quotation marks, page numeration, author, date, etc, in each case of citation when not a scriptural reference] to their proper sources [no link baiting], and if possible, to be directly linked with their full address [see below] to their online location [where possible] in all occasions. There are to be no exceptions.

For instance, if a person is quoting, or referring to a scriptural source such as the King James Bible [KJB] known as the common bible, the preserved word of God in English, and/or "AV", and/or "KJV", that is to be made clear as to the source being used when citing the text or passage.

Example: Genesis 1:1 KJB - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

If a reference is coming from another textual source such as the "NWT", somewhere in each reference, there must be cited "NWT" & the year revised and because there are so many revisions of the NWT [for instance, see - New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures], the year of that NWT must be included. This will also include any other textual references that are non-KJB; ie. NIV, NKJV, ASV, RV, etc., as there are multiple revisions of said texts in differing years.

Example: Genesis 1:1 NWT 1970 - In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Example: Genesis 1:1 NIV 1984 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. - http://www.christunite.com/images/NIV1984/1Genesis.pdf
[2] There is no limit on the amount of source/reference material that any person may utilize in any given post, so long as it is properly referred to as noted above.

[3] There is no restriction on the kind of source/reference material that any person may utilize in any given post, so long as it is properly referred to as noted above. This includes all video, picture, audio, written, and/or archived materials.

As a personal note: Take your time and consider the evidences provided by all sources, as there is no need to rush past to simply respond.
[4] All links are to be given only as reference material for that which is already presented in the thread. In other words, all evidence to be considered by any persons must be posted in the thread, not simply linked to outside of this thread.

Example: Simply posting a link to another website, etc to make a case for your case, is unacceptable.

Unacceptable: ["Here, read this article, webpage, or look at this video ..." followed by link, or video link]

Acceptable:

1260yrs.gif

- http://biblelight.net/1260yrs.gif

or
"... Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are We?

We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. ..."
- Jehovah’s Witnesses—Official Website: jw.org
The only exceptions to be made for video material, is for that material which is referenced specifically therein by quotation, and the Time Index of where that which is referenced therein may be specifically found. All Time Indexes citations are to be given as follows [please notice the indentation of the video and Time Index]:

"... he [Alexander III the Great] had conquered the world, but he wasn't able to conquer his own demons, and he died in Babylon; leaving the [Grecian] Empire no clear successor, and four of his generals took over: Cassander, Lysimachus, Ptolemy and Seleucus, who divided up the [Grecian] empire into different parts ..." - Michael G. Hasel, Ph.D.; Curator; Lynn H. Wood Archeological Museum; Co-Director, The Fourth Expedition to Lachish [cited in documentary, "The Forgotten Dream", by Anchorpoint Films - Home - Anchor Point Films ] - Michael Hasel

See Time Index - 00:33:11 - 00:33:28

The Forgotten Dream, by Anchor Point Films:
Archival reporting sites, may be used, but with stipulation:

While it is useful as a tool, I would rather see cited the original reported articles themselves, with their original links where possible, and then follow with such an archival link afterwards, noting that it is an archival link for further quick references. It is not to be used as a main reference, unless there is a specific quotation that the page itself has authored.
[5] Any questionable [ie. any questions one had about the rules of the OP, uses therein, or would it be ok to do such and such, etc.] matter, is to be raised in a separate post, apart from the study of prophecy. I have tried to make this thread as non-restrictive as possible, while attempting to remove only those things which would be a hindrance to those studying herein [ie. spamming webpages, links, vids, etc, and not really being able to define and share what one personally believes].

[6] Never assume the other's position or definition on anything. When in any doubt, on any matter, ask the other person/s for clarification. The other person must answer, in charity [1 Corinthians 13 KJB], to clarify for the person asking to the best of their ability. Also, an honest, "I do not know." is a perfectly acceptable answer, and not to be condemned. It is to be accepted as a truthful statement from the one stating it.

[7] Be honest, and truthful, meek and humble, and willing to acknowledge publically that which is true and right, and that which is false or in error. Personally, I am only interested in the truth, and so long as truth leads, I am following, where truth leads. If a person is found to be in error on any given point, here is the way to help; assisting, uplifting, ennobling, edifying:

Mark 12:24 KJB - And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Acts 18:26 KJB - And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.​

If any matter arises where things might become heated, take a break, slow down, step back, and if an apology is made, that apology is to be accepted instantly, and the matter forgiven and dropped.

I would ask, that those participating in this thread, upon their first post, please present, in as clear as possible manner, the present understanding of their overall prophecy picture, with as much detail as is possible, in a single post. The length of the original post by any person is not restricted to any size.

I will allow the WTS/JW organization to present first.

I will then follow with the Seventh-day Adventists movements understanding after.

The point of the first post is not to address any other position than that of one's own.

I accept all rules as herein pertaining firstly to myself and position.

I await the first post from the WTS/JW organizational position.

Last edited: