Winnipeg
✟15,914.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all I'm new to this whole church thing we've all got going on and I'm happy to be :)
Anyways, while at church a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I've had such an amazing experience. I've felt an incredibly warm feeling, a fuzzy feeling (I'm not entirely sure how to describe this one), and finally a shaking feeling (mainly my hands). I do believe these were all "good" experiences because of the joy I've felt afterwards.

At the time I wasn't sure about what I just felt, so I talked to some of the new friends in the church. They've explained so much to me about it all. Some things are still a little bit hazy but I'm starting to understand more and more. But now to the reason why I've called this "Project". I'm looking for people that have felt these. If you have then feel free to contact me.

alannnah.daniels@hotmail.com

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. God bless every one of you :)

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all I'm new to this whole church thing we've all got going on and I'm happy to be :)
Anyways, while at church a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I've had such an amazing experience. I've felt an incredibly warm feeling, a fuzzy feeling (I'm not entirely sure how to describe this one), and finally a shaking feeling (mainly my hands). I do believe these were all "good" experiences because of the joy I've felt afterwards.

At the time I wasn't sure about what I just felt, so I talked to some of the new friends in the church. They've explained so much to me about it all. Some things are still a little bit hazy but I'm starting to understand more and more. But now to the reason why I've called this "Project". I'm looking for people that have felt these. If you have then feel free to contact me.

What you described may well have
been the presence of God on you. However, what we must keep in mind is that we do not build our relationship with Jesus on "fuzzy feelings" or these type of experiences, as Christ is with us even when we do not feel His Presence. If you become accustomed to basing your relationship with God on your feelings you will run into trouble down the road.

You indicated you are a new Christian so I encourage you to seek mature godly spiritual guidance. Please know you may contact me via a message through the forum at any time if you would like. I have been a follower of Christ since 1977 and been in fulltime ministry since 1994. You might also want to go to my profile page, find the link to my blog, and check it out. I am doing an in-depth teaching on Proverbs - the book of wisdom. The 3 most recent post are related to something else but this week's post will be back on Proverbs, you can also go to the archives to find the earlier Proverbs posts.

No matter what you do find someone who can help you develop spiritually in a godly manner.

My best to you in your walk with Christ.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Back around 1990 I had the experience of shaking.... and it seemed to indicate a new level of conversion and commitment to my Creator.

Upvote 0

rainingviolets

Jun 24, 2019
Midwest
✟17,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please be careful of what I call the " honeymoon period". Very often new Christians have fallen so deeply in love with their faith and are so grateful for their salvation that each day is overwhelmingly joyful. They experience this joy physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Life seems wonderful. Very slowly, however, family life, jobs, school, problems, and the everyday routine of normal existence ever-so-gradually creep back in. Before we know it, those physical symptoms have faded without our awareness. We still have our faith, our love for our Savior, and our salvation, but that exciting honeymoon phase has moved on to the (hopefully) committed Christian life. Some new Christians experience intense disappointment when that initial rush of feeling has subsided...like when the roller coaster ride comes to a stop. A young woman I witnessed to was on fire for the Lord during those early months of her new faith. She told everyone she met about her faith, she enjoyed Christian music, and her day revolved around what she could do to serve to Lord. Once her honeymoon phase was over, she turned off the music, stopped going to church, and no longer spoke to anyone about her faith. She became a bitter woman because that physical "rush" hadn't continued and grown into miracles and greater intensity. Jesus died for us. We can remain committed to Him when that giddy joy settles into the marvelous realization that His death bought our eternal life. I am so happy for you that you have found that faith and we will share eternity together!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were some many years ago.. shakers.... had it happen once. Remember we walk by faith not sight hearing or how we FEEL! Feelings can be all over the place. We never look for that FEELING again. Well I mean some will keep trying and then when it does not happen they think GOD is mad.. or they did something wrong. That is NOT how it works.

When these things happen.. just keep praying reading.. you know.. the daily walk.. die to self.. to the world live for Him. He always uses peace.. never worry fear or doubt. And He is never in a hurry. My thinking and most will agree is you never seek the experience. Some go to meeting after meeting JUST to get that again. I cant speak for others.. but I have had MANY...never the same thing twice. I don't seek them.. I want to be living faithful when I feel hear see NOTHING

Upvote 0