New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can't pay a dead man. Giving money to their families isn't giving money to terrorists. It is condoning terrorism, but it is not paying them. This sort of a grey area. I could give money to the families of suicide bomber out of sympathy for their loss. Is this a good or an evil act? Certainly my intent would be different then Saddam's but still, giving money to families for the loss of their loved ones, I cannot see as being an evil act, even if their loved one lost their life committing an evil deed.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Vylo said:
You can't pay a dead man. Giving money to their families isn't giving money to terrorists. It is condoning terrorism, but it is not paying them. This sort of a grey area. I could give money to the families of suicide bomber out of sympathy for their loss. Is this a good or an evil act? Certainly my intent would be different then Saddam's but still, giving money to families for the loss of their loved ones, I cannot see as being an evil act, even if their loved one lost their life committing an evil deed.
Dude, come on. Its paying terrorists. Its not a gray area at all. You really are justifying terrorist actions. I really dont' believe you're advocating this;.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Why should Halliburton have all the fun?

panterapat said:
Looking for a motivation as to why Germany, Russia and France were against the Iraqi War? FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking for motivation as to why the US Administration was for the Iraq war? FOLL--

Ah, you know the rest...

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Saying the above two statements are true is a rediculous assertion. It is amazing to me how far people will go to support wrong.

Outspoken isn't going that far on the support of terrorists. While it isn't supporting them, it certainly does seem to at minimum indicate that Saddam approved of Palestinian terrorists.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The death toll from the terrorist bomb attack in the Southern Philippines has risen to 21. The terrorist group Abu Sayyaf is being held responsible for the atrocity.

Hamsiraji Sali, a commander in an Abu Sayyaf terrorist group was hiding out on the southern island of Basilan, admitted that he is getting funds from Iraq.
http://www.brookesnews.com/030603sayyaf.html

SADDAM Hussein’s links to terrorism have been proven by documents showing he helped to fund the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1199662004

The February 19, 1998, memo from Iraqi intelligence, in which bin Laden's name was covered over with Liquid Paper, reported planned meetings with an al Qaeda representative visiting Baghdad. Days later al Qaeda issued a fatwa alleging U.S. crimes against Iraq. At about the same time, a U.S. government source tells Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard, Iraq paid bin Laden deputy Ayman Zawahiri $300,000.

http://dkhunt.tripod.com/totalvictoryforthehomeland/id5.html

Upvote 0

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sycophant said:
The. War. On. Terror. Is. Not. A. War. Of. Attrition.
You cannot kill them all.
Perhaps not... but we can kill enough of them OVER THERE that they think twice about coming OVER HERE.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Vylo said:
But it isn't paying them, they are dead. I am not advocating it, but I am not condeming it either, and I definetly don't think it is worth taking military action over.
i think its paying off terrorists. Men and women over here think about about doing things that drastic for their loved ones. I think its a terrible thing to do and it very much encourages terrorism. Yes, it is worth taking action of, regardless of the kind of action, but don't create a strawman saying that's the reason why we are doing things. I just can't believe you're defending terrorism, or as your words say, turning a blind eye to it.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
arnegrim said:
Perhaps not... but we can kill enough of them OVER THERE that they think twice about coming OVER HERE.
actually, we make martyrs OVER THERE that fuel the fire that sends more of them OVER HERE.

How many rocks do you throw at the hornets' nest before the hornets leave you alone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

arnegrim

Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nathan Poe said:
actually, we make martyrs OVER THERE that fuel the fire that sends more of them OVER HERE.

How many rocks do you throw at the hornets' nest before the hornets leave you alone?
]

When you kill all the hornets.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the insurgents didn't think out their execution of the CARE woman very well... they certainly turned a lot of Iraqis against them.

Upvote 0

Zoot

Omnis Obstat
Sep 7, 2003
State Highway One
Visit site
✟28,710.00
Faith
Buddhist
Paying the families of suicide bombers isn't supporting terrorists...
Terrorist are not a finite population...

Saying the above two statements are true is a rediculous assertion. It is amazing to me how far people will go to support wrong.

Terrorists are finite in the sense that there is a finite number of them in the world. Terrorists are not finite, in the sense that more appear constantly, wherever there is poverty and vastly disparate distributions of wealth.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JVD said:
Terrorist are not a finite population...

I have made no comment about the support of terrorists. However you are insane if you seriously think there are an actual finite number of terrorists in the world.

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

However you are insane if you seriously think there are an actual finite number of terrorists in the world.

I know for a fact that there's only a finite number of terrorists in the world because:

Only people become terrorists.
There is a finite number of people in the world, and because the number of terrorists cannot exceed the number of people in the world, there can only be a finite number of terrorists.

Upvote 0