Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you define Pro-Life for me...
This is a serious question or actually questions:

What does Pro-Life represent to you?

Does it just mean anti-abortion?

or does it include anti-death-pentality?

Does it include the rights of someone to let go of their life when they are terminally ill?

Does it mean anti-war, because in war people kill people?

and if not... what makes one life worth saving and not they other?

Does God not know the beginning and end of all? Did he not plan the beginning and ending of all?

and if that is true... Then does not that mean God knew that the life of an aborted fetus was never to be born? and could it not be true that God is using this experience to teach the person a life lesson? For truly you have to agree if God wanted that life to be born, it would, regardless of anything any of us do.

and if that is true... Is not the death of a violent criminal the end that God saw and at the time God saw fit? There is a reason, I believe, for the delay in sentencing and the actual death. Many times, these harden, violent prisoners seek religous counsel and often become saved and baptized. They repent of their sins, they reflect on all the pain and suffering they have caused, and they die when they are right. At the same time, some do not repent, some never seek counsel and if turned lose would kill again, and again. And even are a threat to the guards and other prisoners within the facility they are being held. And yes, in the past, many innocent people were put to death, and maybe we need to rewrite our death pentality laws to state, "unless convicted by DNA evidence, a verdict of death is not be allowed."

and if that is true... Then don't people who are dying of a fatal illness, or become totally disabled have the right to say, "I cannot fight any longer... I cannot take the pain... Father, take me home." Who are we to take on the role of God? When life is being sustained by machines alone... we are playing God! and I am not talking the short term by-pass for heart surgery, but long term, let's say, more than a month. It is no different than allowing cloning? and if not... then explain the difference.

The last is war... can you be pro-life and not anti-war? How can you justify or condone killing in war or even in self-defense and deny all the above?

I am not pro-choice nor am I pro-life because I do not fall solidly on either side of the coin. I can understand abortion under certain circumstances. I can understand putting someone to death under certain circumstances. I can understand someone giving up on life under certain circumstances, and I clearly can understand killing someone in the defense of one's self or another. Not that I am cold hearted... on the contary... I care too much about those that are here, and the families involved. For I would fight equally as hard against either side, depending on the circumstances. Example: If a family wanted to let their dying parent die, and a pro-life group was preventing it, I would fight with all my might for the family. On the other hand, if a family wanted to sustain the life of their parent, and the doctors wanted to pull the plug, I would fight equally as hard for that family.

To me... it is not a clear cut choice

Status
Not open for further replies.