Pro-Life Atheist to Convert to Catholicism: ‘There is a God-Shaped Hole in My Heart’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After suffering abuse by a high school teacher and thinking she had become pregnant by that abuse, she researched abortion further.

Kristin Turner was an outspoken supporter of abortion who didn’t believe in God. She even used to speak at events on the topic “Why abortion is good for society.”

But now the 21-year-old activist is an ardent pro-life advocate who recently announced her intention to join the Catholic Church.

“There is a God-shaped hole in my heart,” she wrote on Twitter May 29. “I have tried to fill it with everything under the sun. But that’s not possible. I need him as much as he wants me.”

Turner said she came to her decision through “a lot of small things,” but her involvement in pro-life advocacy played a big part.

After suffering abuse by a high school teacher and thinking she had become pregnant by that abuse, she researched abortion further.

After that, Turner said, she “had to reconsider” her pro-abortion position.

“I realized this act of violence against me is parallel to the act of violence committed against an unborn child who is not seen as fully human, and whose body is not respected, and therefore can be violently violated,” Turner told Prudence Robertson in a recent interview on EWTN Pro-Life Weekly.

“And when that happened,” Turner said, “I knew I had to do something.”

Continued below.