Pro-abortion Pelosi says ‘any pope’ would agree she knows more about ‘having babies’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'I think any pope would agree,' the California Democrat declared.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) – Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi brushed off criticism of her pro-abortion stance conflicting with her Catholic self-identification Thursday on the grounds that, as a woman, she was capable of becoming pregnant and male popes are not.

0Republicans sometimes have said Nancy Pelosi thinks she knows more about having babies than the Pope. Yes, I do. I think any Pope would agree,” Pelosi, who has five children, said at a press conference, Just the News reported. Her support for legal abortion-on-demand is about “respect, freedom, of reproductive health for women and it’s not about politicians negotiating that away,” she added.

For the past year, pro-abortion “Catholic” politicians have been outraged by by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB’s) June 2021 vote to draft a document that pro-lifers hope and pro-aborts fear could lead to a policy of denying Holy Communion to American politicians complicit in protecting or expanding the legality of abortion.

Pelosi, who has long met with indignant defiance any suggestion that her absolutist pro-abortion stance represents a failure to live up to her chosen faith, was forbidden in May from receiving Communion in her local diocese by San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. A month later, however, she was reportedly allowed to do so at St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican in a Mass presided over by Pope Francis.

Continued below.
Pro-abortion Pelosi says 'any pope' would agree she knows more about 'having babies' - LifeSite

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
'I think any pope would agree,' the California Democrat declared.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews) – Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi brushed off criticism of her pro-abortion stance conflicting with her Catholic self-identification Thursday on the grounds that, as a woman, she was capable of becoming pregnant and male popes are not.

0Republicans sometimes have said Nancy Pelosi thinks she knows more about having babies than the Pope. Yes, I do. I think any Pope would agree,” Pelosi, who has five children, said at a press conference, Just the News reported. Her support for legal abortion-on-demand is about “respect, freedom, of reproductive health for women and it’s not about politicians negotiating that away,” she added.

For the past year, pro-abortion “Catholic” politicians have been outraged by by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB’s) June 2021 vote to draft a document that pro-lifers hope and pro-aborts fear could lead to a policy of denying Holy Communion to American politicians complicit in protecting or expanding the legality of abortion.

Pelosi, who has long met with indignant defiance any suggestion that her absolutist pro-abortion stance represents a failure to live up to her chosen faith, was forbidden in May from receiving Communion in her local diocese by San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. A month later, however, she was reportedly allowed to do so at St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican in a Mass presided over by Pope Francis.

Continued below.
Pro-abortion Pelosi says 'any pope' would agree she knows more about 'having babies' - LifeSite
She does know more about killing babies, from having aided and abetted the process for years now. I’ll give her that. It is scandalous that she proclaims herself not only a faithful Catholic but some sort of expert in the Catholic faith. And scandalous that few in authority in the Church have the courage or the conviction to help correct her.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Her bishop is doing the right thing (finally), but it doesn't look like she is going to take is correction (sadly).

My question is where is Biden's bishop? Why doesn't his bishop care enough for Biden's soul to admonish him and try to lead him back to the fullness of faith?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Her bishop is doing the right thing (finally), but it doesn't look like she is going to take is correction (sadly).

My question is where is Biden's bishop? Why doesn't his bishop care enough for Biden's soul to admonish him and try to lead him back to the fullness of faith?
There have always been a few faithless bishops. And bishops without spine. Bishops who would rather be comfortable than speak the truth.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have always been a few faithless bishops. And bishops without spine. Bishops who would rather be comfortable than speak the truth.
I don't want to call Biden's bishop faithless without more evidence to the contrary. We do not know what pastoral efforts Biden's bishop has done behind closed doors. He may be in the same situation as Pelosi, we don't know. If I remember correctly Pelosi's bishop didn't want his pastoral correction of Pelosi made public either.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't want to call Biden's bishop faithless without more evidence to the contrary. We do not know what pastoral efforts Biden's bishop has done behind closed doors. He may be in the same situation as Pelosi, we don't know. If I remember correctly Pelosi's bishop didn't want his pastoral correction of Pelosi made public either.
You are right. We don't know any 'behind the scenes' conversations. It's just that there is no evidence of change in Biden as he doubles down in favor of abortion while still pretending to be a good Catholic. One would think that eventually there would be some resolution other than the appearance that it's just peachy keen to be a pro-abortion faithful Catholic. IMHO it is a scandal that it continues to appear to be peachy keen.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0