Ohio
Visit site
✟16,102.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seventy three Witches founded the Council of American Witches in 1974. In April of that year, at the Spring Witchmeet in Minneapolis, MN, (1974-April 11th to 14th), they adopted the following document. At the time, Wicca and other Neopagan religions were greatly misunderstood in North America. This document helped to set the record straight. Led by chairman Carl Llewellyn Weschcke (who later went on to found Llewellyn Publications, the largest Pagan publishing house to date) the Council issued the Principles of Wiccan Belief in an effort to unite the pagan community and educate the rest of the world as to what the witches were really up to. The witches council disbanded later that same year.
The thirteen statements are necessarily vague. They do not precisely and completely match any one Witchcraft tradition. But they do provide an introduction to the full range of belief systems called "Wicca."
Here are the Principles of Wiccan Belief. I will refute these principles of witchcraft with the Word of God. I am a born again Christian. My God is the Lord Jesus Christ. The best way to expose darkness is to shine the Light of God's Word upon it (Psalm 119:105, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path).
My words of refute and all Scriptures will be in red type.

The Principles of Wiccan Belief
The Council of American Witches finds it necessary to define modern Witchcraft in terms of the American experience and needs.

We are not bound by traditions from other times and other cultures, and owe no allegiance to any person or power greater than the Divinity manifest though our own being.

As American Witches, we welcome and respect all life-affirming teachings and traditions, and seek to learn from all and to share our learning within our Council.

It is in this spirit of welcome and cooperation that we adopt these few principles of Wiccan belief. In seeking to be inclusive, we do not wish to open ourselves to destruction of our group by those on self-serving power trips, or to philosophies and practices contradictory to these principles. In seeking to exclude those whose ways are contradictory to ours, we do not want to deny participation with us to any who are sincerely interested in our knowledge and beliefs, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national or cultural origins, or sexual preference.

Many today are deceived into believing these occultic religions. Do not be deceived. For the truth in this matter, please refer to the link below.

Dahlia1

is the Lady of Shalott.
May 3, 2007
✟21,896.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
?why didn't you include the whole thing? There's more to it than that. If anyone cares to read the Principles of Wiccan Belief, and not just the excerpt that HisWordIsMySword posted, you can find it here:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_stat1.htm

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Maybe it's a parody?

He(?) say's he'll use scripture and whatnot to 'refute' that principles of another religion (the irony of which I won't begin to go into), then posts an excerpt on an attempt to formalise American Witchcraft, without any refutation.

Poe?

Upvote 0

HisWordIsMySword

Oct 1, 2006
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,102.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just exactly would you like me to say. This post is to make those who are caught up in the occult realize the danger they have put their very souls in.

Yet, do not be dismayed. For there is only one unforgiveable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Please understand that I am not any better then anyone else. I am a sinner who is in constant need of forgiveness. That is why Christ died for us. God knew that men could not live a life without sin, so he sent his Son to do it for us. And his Son died blameless, without blemish, without sin. And because he was without sin, he defeated the hold death had on all mankind.

So that now, all who believe in him will be saved. All you need to do is believe with all of your heart and ask Jesus to forgive you and to come into your heart and wash away your sins.

As to the posting of the original thread, please go to the sight I posted and learn more on the subject and how it pertains to the devil and his plans of distroying you by partaking in occultic beliefs.

It is the desire of the devil to deceive mankind and to kill him before the man can be saved. For he wants all men to die in their sins. For if he can do this, he will claim their very soul.

Upvote 0

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just exactly would you like me to say. This post is to make those who are caught up in the occult realize the danger they have put their very souls in.

Yet, do not be dismayed. For there is only one unforgiveable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Please understand that I am not any better then anyone else. I am a sinner who is in constant need of forgiveness. That is why Christ died for us. God knew that men could not live a life without sin, so he sent his Son to do it for us. And his Son died blameless, without blemish, without sin. And because he was without sin, he defeated the hold death had on all mankind.

So that now, all who believe in him will be saved. All you need to do is believe with all of your heart and ask Jesus to forgive you and to come into your heart and wash away your sins.

As to the posting of the original thread, please go to the sight I posted and learn more on the subject and how it pertains to the devil and his plans of distroying you by partaking in occultic beliefs.

It is the desire of the devil to deceive mankind and to kill him before the man can be saved. For he wants all men to die in their sins. For if he can do this, he will claim their very soul.

I guess you haven't figured out that Wiccans don't believe any of the above is actually true, just as you don't believe that the existence of the Goddess is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.