Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father Francisco “Patxi” Bronchalo, a priest of the Diocese of Getafe, Spain, recently posted on social media that a controversial drawing on the official Facebook page of the Synod on Synodality “is out of bounds and confusing.” Father Jesús Silva of the Archdiocese of Madrid also criticized the image.

The drawing shows a group of young people in front of church, including a woman dressed in a white chasuble and red stole and another young man wearing a multicolored LGBT “Pride” shirt.

In a series of Twitter posts, Bronchalo said that the image “surprised” him, and he began his analysis with the woman dressed in priestly vestments.

He noted that this image “can give the feeling to whoever sees it that one of the fruits of the synod could be that the sacrament of priestly ordination may also be given to women,” which entails “deceiving whoever sees it and sowing confusion.”

Continued below.
Priests reject controversial synod poster: it’s ‘out of bounds and confusing’

Reactions: Joined2krist

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't really understand why people don't just create a church of their own if they want women 'priests' or L-Q policies. But, I guess they want to destroy the Catholic Church from with-in.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't really understand why people don't just create a church of their own if they want women 'priests' or L-Q policies. But, I guess they want to destroy the Catholic Church from with-in.
Of course they want to destroy the Catholic Church. They destroyed a huge swath of Protestantism and now they are confident they can destroy us too. Once they bring down the Catholic Church the demise of the rest of Christianity is only a mop up job.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Father Francisco “Patxi” Bronchalo, a priest of the Diocese of Getafe, Spain, recently posted on social media that a controversial drawing on the official Facebook page of the Synod on Synodality “is out of bounds and confusing.” Father Jesús Silva of the Archdiocese of Madrid also criticized the image.

The drawing shows a group of young people in front of church, including a woman dressed in a white chasuble and red stole and another young man wearing a multicolored LGBT “Pride” shirt.

In a series of Twitter posts, Bronchalo said that the image “surprised” him, and he began his analysis with the woman dressed in priestly vestments.

He noted that this image “can give the feeling to whoever sees it that one of the fruits of the synod could be that the sacrament of priestly ordination may also be given to women,” which entails “deceiving whoever sees it and sowing confusion.”

Continued below.
Priests reject controversial synod poster: it’s ‘out of bounds and confusing’
It IS out of bounds. But I think it is clarifying rather than confusing. Clarifying as to where this synodality stuff is all going. As Fr. Z often says, Satan telegraphs his intentions. The intentions of the synod have been telegraphed. No mystery there.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It IS out of bounds. But I think it is clarifying rather than confusing. Clarifying as to where this synodality stuff is all going. As Fr. Z often says, Satan telegraphs his intentions. The intentions of the synod have been telegraphed. No mystery there.
Oh but Fr. Z?! How could you? ;)

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Absolutely agree. I could feel it inside since I first heard of the Synod that it’s goal is to be the vehicle that profoundly changes our church from within.

These photos are a subtle nod and wink to to those waiting in the wings and a subtle way to condition the flock.

Upvote 0