Visit site
✟1,356,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friday, November 3, 2017, 12:30 p.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song “The Lord’s Anointed.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read various scriptures on the subject of us being God’s kingdom priests.

Our Great High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16; cf. Heb. 10:11-25)

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.​

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, the second person of our triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – left his throne in heaven, came to earth, took on human flesh, suffered as we suffer, and was tempted in like manner as we are also tempted, yet without sin. He healed the sick and afflicted, raised the dead, delivered people from demons, comforted the sorrowful and oppressed, fed the hungry, and performed many, many miracles, which gave evidence as to who he was and is. He also confronted sin in sinful humans, preached repentance for the forgiveness of sins, and taught obedience to his word as a sign that we are those who truly know, love and worship him.

Yet, even though he never sinned, and all that he did was good, and was for the good of humankind, i.e. in their best interest, still many hated and rejected him, primarily those of his own faith (belief), nationality, race and homeland, and even some from his own family. His principal (primary, chief) opponents were actually the religious rulers or leaders within the temple of God, i.e. those who wielded enormous influence and/or rule over the people, some of them being on the Sanhedrin, the Jewish ruling council. In fact, they hated Jesus so much that they plotted and carried out his death on a cross. But, this was God’s plan for our salvation, that Jesus Christ would become our sacrificial Lamb on the altar as a sacrifice (offering) for our sins.

In Old Testament times, and up to the time in which Jesus was crucified on a cross for our sins, the people of God had human priests who yearly made sacrifices for the sins of the people, including for their own sins. In Jesus’ death, he not only became that sacrificial Lamb to take away the sins of the world, but he also was the high priest who offered up the sacrifice for our sins, which was his blood, shed on the cross so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. When he died, the veil that hung between us and God’s holy presence was torn in two, symbolizing that Jesus Christ had now made the way for us, his followers, to come directly into God’s presence. Now we are called his kingdom priests, a holy nation belonging to God.

His Kingdom Priests (1 Peter 2:4-5, 9; cf. Rev. 1:6; Rev. 5:10; Ex. 19:6)

And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ… But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.​

On the third day after Jesus Christ died on a cross, he was resurrected from the dead, by the Father. About forty days after his resurrection, he left the earth, and went back to heaven to be with the Father. Then, he sent his Holy Spirit to indwell the lives of his followers. Jesus had told his disciples that they would continue on his ministry after he left the earth. As followers of Christ, and as those who have the Holy Spirit within us, we are anointed of God to do the kinds of things Jesus did while he was on the earth. We, as his followers, are to be Jesus to the world around us in doing what he did.

As a result of what Jesus Christ did for us in dying on the cross for our sins, and being resurrected back to life in conquering death, hell, Satan and sin, we can now come to Jesus Christ in faith and receive his eternal salvation. In delivering us from slavery to sin, he gives us new lives in him, born again of the Spirit of God, and he restores us back to a right relationship with God the Father. In Christ, by faith in him, God can now use us in the lives of others to help them, as well, to be saved from sin, born again of the Spirit of God, renewed, restored to God, and to have their broken lives rebuilt.

Thus, we serve as priests of the Lord in ministering to the lives of others in the same manner in which Jesus Christ did and now does through us. This means that, first off, we need to be living holy lives, pleasing to God. We must no longer be conformed to the ways of this sinful world. We cannot any longer live as though we are still enslaved (addicted) to sin, but we must walk (conduct our lives) according to the Spirit, and not according to our sinful flesh. Sinful practices should no longer be part of our lives.

Then we can proclaim the excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light because we are now walking in the light and no longer in the darkness. And, all the glory, praise and honor belong to Christ Jesus – great things He has done!

The Lord’s Anointed / An Original Work / December 16, 2011

Based off Isaiah 61

The Spirit of the Sov’reign Lord on me;
Anointed to preach the Good News;
Sent me to bind up the brokenhearted;
Proclaim freedom for the captives.
He sent me to preach release for pris’ners
Who are walking in sin’s darkness;
Proclaim God’s grace to all men who’ll listen;
And tell them about God’s judgments;
Comfort all who mourn;
Give crowns of beauty;
Oil of gladness and thanksgiving.

They will be called oaks of God’s righteousness,
A planting of our Savior, God,
For the display of our Lord’s splendor, and
They will rebuild God’s holy church.
God will renew them, and will restore them,
And you’ll be called priests of the Lord.
You will be ministers of our God, and
You will rejoice in salvation.
The Lord loves justice;
He is faithful to
Reward those who are seeking Him.

I delight greatly in the Lord;
My soul rejoices in my Savior, God.
He has clothed me with His salvation,
And in a robe of His righteousness.
He has given me priestly garments to wear,
As the bride of Jesus Christ.
As the garden of our Lord and Savior,