Pride

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Pride

Perhaps the most insidious and harmful of all sins is pride.

Pr 16:5 The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

Ps 10:4 In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Circumstances Conducive to Pride

Prosperity

Hosea 13:6 When I fed them, they were satisfied; when they were satisfied, they became proud; then they forgot me.​

Health

2Chr 32:24,25 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. He prayed to the LORD, who answered him and gave him a miraculous sign. But Hezekiah’s heart was proud and he did not respond to the kindness shown him; therefore the LORD’s wrath was on him and on Judah and Jerusalem.​

Success

Ps 140:8 do not grant the wicked their desires, O LORD; do not let their plans succeed, or they will become proud​

Prominence

2Ch 26:16 But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall.​

Beauty

Eze 28:17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.​

Wealth

Eze 28:5 By your great skill in trading you have increased your wealth, and because of your wealth your heart has grown proud.That's why Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." Mt 19:23

See also Measuring One's Humility
Solution to pride - Submission and Humiliation

The Sin Series