May 18, 2014
✟15,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It was during World War II, that a great enemy to humanity arose in Nazi Germany. America had to call upon its Greatest Generation to ensure the future peace of humanity, and that generation turned to one man: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Oh, yes, Roosevelt was a democrat and bit Trotsky in the tooth, but he was also one thing: what America needed at that time.

As a firebrand Republican, there is nothing more important to me and you than the welfare of our great nation. America needed the guidance of President Roosevelt so much, that we called upon him three times to serve us. It was only when he was called home to heaven, that America settled for a meek man named Harry Truman.

But had we not been able to call upon Roosevelt for more than three terms, what would have become of this great nation? Would a newer president have sympathized with the enemy, or played into their game of appeasement? The thoughts send shivers down the spine.

Today I present one simple fact before the great people of this nation and the fact is simple: we need to call upon one of our former presidents yet again for a third term. And that president’s name is George W. Bush.

Is It Time To Get Rid of Two Presidential Term Limits, So President George W. Bush Can Lead America Again in 2016 • ChristWire

I think it would be great to have President Bush back to rescue the country from Obozo.

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Today I present one simple fact before the great people of this nation and the fact is simple: we need to call upon one of our former presidents yet again for a third term. And that president’s name is George W. Bush.

Is It Time To Get Rid of Two Presidential Term Limits, So President George W. Bush Can Lead America Again in 2016 • ChristWire

I think it would be great to have President Bush back to rescue the country from Obozo.
Let me guess... You're from Texas right? Yeah, there's a lot of you among us down here. Sadly, which is what gave us Calgary Cruz, and Danny-boy Goeb/Patrick. Man, this stuff is getting pretty thick, the boots ain't cutting it now, need to go to the waders.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟38,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was during World War II, that a great enemy to humanity arose in Nazi Germany. America had to call upon its Greatest Generation to ensure the future peace of humanity, and that generation turned to one man: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Oh, yes, Roosevelt was a democrat and bit Trotsky in the tooth, but he was also one thing: what America needed at that time.

As a firebrand Republican, there is nothing more important to me and you than the welfare of our great nation. America needed the guidance of President Roosevelt so much, that we called upon him three times to serve us. It was only when he was called home to heaven, that America settled for a meek man named Harry Truman.

But had we not been able to call upon Roosevelt for more than three terms, what would have become of this great nation? Would a newer president have sympathized with the enemy, or played into their game of appeasement? The thoughts send shivers down the spine.

I voted for Bush the first time because he misrepresented himself as a small government, free market conservative. By 2004, I realized that he lied about who he was, but I voted for him again because I still had my 9/11 goggles on and we were at war. I knew when I voted for him a second time that it was a mistake. He is one of the reasons I ended up leaving the GOP.

Would I vote for him again, if he was eligible to run? Not a chance in Hell.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Christwire is a satirical site.

I almost bought it until he started talking about John Elway hiring a backup for Tom Brady.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. Bush served his two terms and I don't want any president exceeding that limit. I'd rather a fresh conservative like Allen West or Ted Cruz run instead.

"Fresh"= Crazy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let me guess... You're from Texas right? Yeah, there's a lot of you among us down here. Sadly, which is what gave us Calgary Cruz, and Danny-boy Goeb/Patrick. Man, this stuff is getting pretty thick, the boots ain't cutting it now, need to go to the waders.

You have 49 other states to choose from, many of which would gladly welcome another liberal.;)

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You have a better chance of winning lotto, than this happening.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think this would be great! That way President Obama could have a third term in office!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
tulc(thinks this is much more likely then President Bush getting re-elected!) :wave:

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You have 49 other states to choose from, many of which would gladly welcome another liberal.;)
Pssst... The Reds sent me here before the big breakup and tumbling of the wall. I've got a mission to turn the state blue. It's a secret mission, so don't tell anybody, okay? I mean that's why I drive a VOLKSwagon! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟421,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm ready for a candidate who wants less federal government, and I'd be more inclined to put term limits on Congress and the Senate rather than give any president a third term.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm ready for a candidate who wants less federal government, and I'd be more inclined to put term limits on Congress and the Senate rather than give any president a third term.

There needs to be term limits for congress. We whine about presidents, but the congresses have done much more damage. Between obstructionism to completely butchering budgets, they are much worse than any president I can remember. W actually had a great 2004 budget. I've probably mentioned this budget 20+ times on these forums because it amazed me how balanced and fair it was. It cut things we didn't need or were defunct, kept working social programs, it was just very very well done. And then it got butchered in congress. To make it worse, it was W's own party that came in with the cleavers.

Upvote 0

Aureus

May 20, 2014
✟9,262.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

I'd rather go Roman Consul style. Two presidents. Each can veto any action the other takes... hell if they really don't like their Co-President they can just declare the whole year a holiday and forbid the government from doing anything at all. One year terms, can't hold consecutive terms in office but can hold as many terms as they like, just not one after the other.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd rather go Roman Consul style. Two presidents. Each can veto any action the other takes... hell if they really don't like their Co-President they can just declare the whole year a holiday and forbid the government from doing anything at all. One year terms, can't hold consecutive terms in office but can hold as many terms as they like, just not one after the other.

For all practical purposes, that bolded part is what we have in the Senate already. It's not working.

Upvote 0