woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woob, if you for some reason cant get a chance to edit your post for some personal emergency and the clock ticks to 24 hours, you dont want to get a infraction on a technicality.

Now if there is someone that is making trouble or being insubordinate, he will cause enough conflict to be snagged by much more heavier issues and infractions than just for editing a post in time.
Those are no problem, it is the 'saints' that give the most grief and resolution conflicts with the mods....

Then I would offer you an explnation as such, and you, being a good moderator, will be understanding.

The purpose of the rule isn't to do harm to those who are willing to cooperate, but to put insubordinate people in check.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then I would offer you an explnation as such, and you, being a good moderator, will be understanding.

The purpose of the rule isn't to do harm to those who are willing to cooperate, but to put insubordinate people in check.

There are some who are not as trustworthy as you and would use the same explanations, and the waste of time to argue the points and counter-arguments is already making my arthritis twitch..........

As for insubordinate people, I think the mods would rather catch them on a clear cut case without question a wrongful post or action with a rock solid resulting infraction, not for some tiny technicality for editing....

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some who are not as trustworthy as you and would use the same explanations, and the waste of time to argue the points and counter-arguments is already making my arthritis twitch..........

As for insubordinate people, I think the mods would rather catch them on a clear cut case without question a wrongful post or action with a rock solid resulting infraction, not for some tiny technicality for editing....

If two other people agree with you on this, I will be willing to edit that portion within my proposal.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is the first set again as proposed by Daryl, Tall, and Woob and blended together by Daryl:
6. Warnings & FSBs (Forum Specific Bans) for Both Main SDA Forum & Sub-forums (excluding the progressive sub-forum)

6.1 There will be zero tolerance for personal flames.

• 1) 3 warnings resulting from personal attacks constitute a verbal reminder of rules.
  • 2) Every warning after that earns the person 1 week FSB.
  • 3) If no incidents in 3 months from the end of the last violation/ban, the sheet is wiped clean.
6.2 There will be zero tolerance for creating threads resulting from a locked thread due to a rules violation, therefore, any threads started by a person that are a continuation of a currently locked thread, or similar to the locked thread, will be deleted immediately by our moderators.

6.3 Upon a rule violation a warning will be given by one of the moderators. This warning will be recorded and counts towards an FSB.

6.4 Forum Specific Bans will be handled in accordance to the following standards:
  • 1) After three violations, violators will receive a one week FSB.
  • 2) After six violations, violators will receive a two week FSB.
  • 3) After nine violations, violators will receive a one month FSB.
  • 4) After twelve violations, violators will receive a one year FSB.
  • 5) For every three violations above twelve a one year ban will be earned.
  • 6) Warnings/infractions are cumulative. If, after 3 months from either the last infraction or the day the last FSB ended, no added infractions have been given then 1 point will be deducted each month under the condition no more violations occur.
6.5 Duplicate registrations under the same or different usernames, as a result of an FSB, will not be tolerated and upon discovery by a moderator will result in an additional one year FSB under all registrations.

Here is the second set as proposed by Woob:
6 Warnings & FSBs (Forum Specific Bans) for Both Main SDA Forum & Sub-forums (excluding the progressive sub-forum)

6.1Upon a rule violation a warning will be given by one of the moderators. This warning will be recorded and counts towards an FSB.

6.2 Duplicate registrations under another user-name that has been banned for rule violations, will not be tolerated, and upon discovery by a moderator will result in a six month ban under all registrations.

6.3 Creating threads resulting from a locked thread due to a rule violation(s), will be deleted, and a warning will be given. What this means is that you can't take a post from such a thread and repost it in a new thread. However, you may continue a discussion on the same subject in another thread as long as the topic itself does not violate any rules.

6.4 Forum Specific Bans will be handled in accordance to the following standards:
  • 1) For every two warnings a person receives, he/she will receive a two week FSB.
  • 2) Posts that are in violation of any one of the rules must be edited by the offender within 24 hours; that is, if the moderators determine that it should be edited rather than deleted.
  • 3) If the offender does not edit the post within 24 hours, and does not have a valid reason for not doing so, such as being away from a computer during that time, then that will count as an additional warning, which will result in a two week FSB.
  • 4) Upon returning from an FSB, that forum member will start off on a clean slate.
There seems to be a lot of discussion surrounding Woob's 6.4.2 and 6.4.3 which is waiting for two other people who agree with reddogs concern before Woob is willing to edit it further.

Are there two other concerned persons out there?

Better still, are you, Woob, willing to edit this some based on all the responses so far?

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The way the wording is now gives the moderators the parameters to determine whether or not the person should receive the 2nd warning, or whether the post should just either be edited or deleted by a moderator and record the first warning and leave it at that.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here are the latest set of lists beginning with the still unchanged first set as proposed by Daryl, Tall, and Woob and blended by Daryl:
6. Warnings & FSBs (Forum Specific Bans) for Both Main SDA Forum & Sub-forums (excluding the progressive sub-forum)

6.1 There will be zero tolerance for personal flames.

• 1) 3 warnings resulting from personal attacks constitute a verbal reminder of rules.
  • 2) Every warning after that earns the person 1 week FSB.
  • 3) If no incidents in 3 months from the end of the last violation/ban, the sheet is wiped clean.
6.2 There will be zero tolerance for creating threads resulting from a locked thread due to a rules violation, therefore, any threads started by a person that are a continuation of a currently locked thread, or similar to the locked thread, will be deleted immediately by our moderators.

6.3 Upon a rule violation a warning will be given by one of the moderators. This warning will be recorded and counts towards an FSB.

• 1) After three violations, violators will receive a one week FSB.
  • 2) After six violations, violators will receive a two week FSB.
  • 3) After nine violations, violators will receive a one month FSB.
  • 4) After twelve violations, violators will receive a one year FSB.
  • 5) For every three violations above twelve a one year ban will be earned.
  • 6) Warnings/infractions are cumulative. If, after 3 months from either the last infraction or the day the last FSB ended, no added infractions have been given then 1 point will be deducted each month under the condition no more violations occur.
6.5 Duplicate registrations under the same or different usernames, as a result of an FSB, will not be tolerated and upon discovery by a moderator will result in an additional one year FSB under all registrations.

Here is the now revised second set as requested by Woob:
6 Warnings & FSBs (Forum Specific Bans) for Both Main SDA Forum & Sub-forums (excluding the progressive sub-forum)

6.1Upon a rule violation a warning will be given by one of the moderators. This warning will be recorded and counts towards an FSB.

6.2 Duplicate registrations under another user-name that has been banned for rule violations, will not be tolerated, and upon discovery by a moderator will result in a six month ban under all registrations.

6.3 Creating threads resulting from a locked thread due to a rule violation(s), will be deleted, and a warning will be given. What this means is that you can't take a post from such a thread and repost it in a new thread. However, you may continue a discussion on the same subject in another thread as long as the topic itself does not violate any rules.

• 1) For every two warnings a person receives, he/she will receive a two week FSB.
  • 2) Upon returning from an FSB, that forum member will start off on a clean slate.
Now for further discussion, if any, on these two sets of proposed rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If these two sets of propsed rules goes as is, then this is how I plan on doing this in a POLL.
Vote on the rule options you wish to see implemented:

Option 1 - I vote for 6.1 as blended by Daryl
Option 2 - I vote for 6.1 as proposed by Woob
Option 3 - I vote for 6.2 as blended by Daryl
Option 4 - I vote for 6.2 as proposed by Woob
Option 5 - I vote for 6.3 as blended by Daryl
Option 6 - I vote for 6.3 as proposed by Woob
Option 7 - I vote for 6.4 as blended by Daryl
Option 8 - I vote for 6.4 as proposed by Woob
Option 9 - I vote for 6.5 as blended by Daryl
Option 10 - I vote for none of the above

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am concerned about Woob's proposed 6.4 rule in that the most FSBs that can be given for any rule violation is only two weeks at a time.

I don't understand why this would be of concern to you, since it would pretty much put problematic people out of our forum.

Think about it. Every time a person gets two warnings he gets a 2 week vacation. After getting enough of these he will get sick of going on vacation and start behaving in a way that is respective of the rules.

It's simple, but highly effective. You just have to look at the big picture to see it as it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.