Preparing for marriage

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Redguard said:
Not necessarily. Kegel exercises have always been thought of as a chick thing. Few men realize that there are ways that they can benefit from them also.

Okay, I understand your point but with the research my fiance does into this kind of thing, I'm positive that he already knows all about it.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glorianna said:
How does one prepare for marriage? This is a very broad question.

First you have to find someone who will agree to marry you, then you get a couple of rings and twenty bucks. Then you go to the court house and get a marriage license. Finally you go to the JP and get hitched.

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
desi said:
First you have to find someone who will agree to marry you, then you get a couple of rings and twenty bucks. Then you go to the court house and get a marriage license. Finally you go to the JP and get hitched.

Hehehehehe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How does one prepare for marriage? This is a very broad question.
If you’re talking about the physical things you will need to start your home start a
Hope chest. Start buying toaster, pillow & cases, dishes, pot’s & panes Etc…
But more important than those things, is the Man G-d will brings to you.
First of all start by praying: Ask G-d for a G-dly man, a man that will lead you and your children in to the thing of G-d & deeper understanding of G-d & reading the word & prayer. Next start praying for your Children. That they will have the spirit of G-d from an early age, and keep with G-d, as they get older. And for a G-dly spouse for your children. And pray for your Grandchildren and for generations to come.
When it comes to making disunions about a husband Ask DAD and mom you have many years of wisdom at your fingertips. If you choose to listen and then do. Ask DAD & mom to pray and ask G-d for his wisdom to help guide them and you. And befor a decision is made to marry. You should pray and ask the L-rd if this is right, DAD & mom should pray and ask the L-rd if this is right, then your Rabbi [Pastor] should pray and ask if this is right. And if all are in agreement then it moves ahead.

The way I do courtship is like this: If a boy is interested in my Daughter, he comes to me; they are never allowed to be alone together, no kissing, and no driving off together. It’s with a group or with a chaperone with them; they are never to be alone together. When the young man comes to me and asks if he can marry my daughter, I will ask him “has he and his parents prayed about this.” Then I will pray, then I will ask my wife to pray, then we will pray together, then we will go to my daughter and ask her to pray about this [this she would have done already I will just check with her] Now I will go to our Rabbi and ask him to pray. If all are in agreement then the date is set.
The dating thing as we know it today did not excess 100 years ago.
http://polynate.net/books/courtship/

Shalom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums