Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about these two sections of scripture and wondering if you all had any thoughts about them. The first makes it sound like Yeshua is 'going to prepare' a place, but in the second set of verses there are places prepared by the Father. By Him saying "In my Father's house there are many mansions" is Yeshua saying that it is His Fathers house and His Father's decision as to who has a place prepared for them and He - Yeshua - is just doing the preparing? In the second set of verses, the first thought, because it mentions right and left, is about sheep and goats, but John and James were both disciples/apostles, and Kings do have people who sit (or stand) on their right and on their left. Is Yeshua saying it isn't up to Him - it is also written :
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Any thoughts?

Joh 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 20:21-23 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom. (22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been thinking about these two sections of scripture and wondering if you all had any thoughts about them. The first makes it sound like Yeshua is 'going to prepare' a place, but in the second set of verses there are places prepared by the Father. By Him saying "In my Father's house there are many mansions" is Yeshua saying that it is His Fathers house and His Father's decision as to who has a place prepared for them and He - Yeshua - is just doing the preparing? In the second set of verses, the first thought, because it mentions right and left, is about sheep and goats, but John and James were both disciples/apostles, and Kings do have people who sit (or stand) on their right and on their left. Is Yeshua saying it isn't up to Him - it is also written :
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Any thoughts?

Joh 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 20:21-23 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom. (22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
There are many Shabbat.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

Any thoughts?

Who said we are the only ones. With a whole universe of beings, who never sinned, who have a place prepared for them by the Father, they enjoy many a Sabbath in His Presence. We, on the other hand, who have sinned, who have been assigned to Yeshua to rescue, will have Yeshua prepare a place for us also in the great City of God.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Any thoughts?

The one in John is speaking in Jewish wedding terms,something Yeshua used a lot. The bridegroom would leave the betrothed and return to his Fathers house. There he would prepare a place for he and his bride to live (think about houses that have additions for parents and grandparents).

Then when he was done the Father would inspect it to determine if everything was 'kosher'. The groom could not go to get his bride until his father proclaimed it was ready. You can see this where Yeshua tells them that he does not know the time of his return, only the father knows.

Also this can be seen in the story of the bridesmaids.

In the MATTHEW Passage it follows the same, I believe that the Father is the 'wedding planner' and he makes the seating chart.:)

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one in John is speaking in Jewish wedding terms,something Yeshua used a lot. The bridegroom would leave the betrothed and return to his Fathers house. There he would prepare a place for he and his bride to live (think about houses that have additions for parents and grandparents).

Then when he was done the Father would inspect it to determine if everything was 'kosher'. The groom could not go to get his bride until his father proclaimed it was ready. You can see this where Yeshua tells them that he does not know the time of his return, only the father knows.

Also this can be seen in the story of the bridesmaids.

In the MATTHEW Passage it follows the same, I believe that the Father is the 'wedding planner' and he makes the seating chart.:)
So Yeshua chooses His own bride?
I like your idea about the Father making the seating chart! :)

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said we are the only ones. With a whole universe of beings, who never sinned, who have a place prepared for them by the Father, they enjoy many a Sabbath in His Presence. We, on the other hand, who have sinned, who have been assigned to Yeshua to rescue, will have Yeshua prepare a place for us also in the great City of God.
Are you saying in the "whole universe of beings" humans are the only ones who sinned?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Are you saying in the "whole universe of beings" humans are the only ones who sinned?
Yep.. I believe there is indication within scripture to support that. When Satan was/is cast out of heaven, he is confined to earth. Why earth? Because it is the only place where he has gained a foothold. It will be the last battle site for sin and Satan's rule.

Why is it so hard to imagine that out in space are multitudes of God’s creations which habit other galaxies, other solar systems? We sit and watch science fiction regarding space battles in far away planetary places and we can not see that it could well be true. No so much the wars any more. For God said the war was over in Heaven. There will come a time when we will get to see all of heaven and all that God created in the entire universe and "Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. " [1] So with that for variety, I think we will have plenty to admire and praise God for.

God said And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the
book, neither to look thereon.[2] Since we know that He wasn’t talking about Yeshua who was able to open the book, there is indication that there are other “men” in heaven. They are also called every creature, which gives you the understanding that they are not all looking as we do. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.[3]

It almost sounds like the entire universe that God has created has been populated with many multitudes of creatures, men of heaven, as he says from one end of heaven to the other. The entire universe has been well informed of our creation and the controversy with regard to the acusations of Satan. God asked His other creations if they have every seen the like, where God would lay down His life for His creations. Had they even heard such a thing? For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there has been any such thing as this great thing is, or has been heard like it?[4] And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.[5]

We know the story of in Job’s day when the throngs gather before the throne. Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.[6] By all these verses, it is to see that we are not alone in the universe, and that God has created beings that are in his universe and not just on this planet. When all things are new, we will be able to go visit these places that they live and meet with these beings that God has created.

I also think that we are the only planet that sinned. As Yeshua tells the story “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.”[7] That is a very clear indication, we are the only sinners of His entire universe. We do not gather in His court like the rest of the Universe as Job's story tells it.

[1] Ephesians 3:15 [2] Revelation 5:3 [3] Revelation 5:13 [4] Deuteronomy 4:32 [5] Matthew 24:31
[6] Job 1:6 [7] Luke 15:7

Upvote 0