St Louis
✟16,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
_I intend to have scientific discussion despite x and I encourage the same from participants in this discussion.
_I've been working on trying to figure out ancient history for a few years now on an outside forum thread, called Creationism, Myth and Catastrophism at Creationism, Myth and Catastrophism - Page 46 - Thunderbolts Forum v3.0
_I'm a universalist Christian, but not a Creationist. I.e., I think it unlikely that the universe or the Earth was created from nothing. But I like a lot of Creationist science. The main Creationist sites I reference are Latest Articles - creation.com and https://www.icr.org/homepage/ .
_My main interest in ancient history is regarding ancient cataclysms, which had tremendous influence on societies, history & religions. Velikovsky's books, Worlds in Collision and Earth in Upheaval were the first ones on the subject that intrigued me, starting in 1969. There were several magazines I followed over the years that involved a lot of scientists discussing and making productive findings on ancient catastrophic events. David Talbott and Dwardu Cardona made some especially impressive findings in comparative mythology, which involved Venus, Mars & Earth being likely former satellites of Saturn and some cataclysms were likely due to their transitions to their present orbits. But that's hard to prove or pin down. (Velikovsky's ideas about Venus and Mars were misdated about a thousand years later than they actually occurred IMO.)
_What seems easier to prove is that there was one or more Great Floods likely within the past 6,000 years.
_Nearly all of the sedimentary rock strata were likely deposited during those Floods.
_That means most mainstream dating methods are very likely hugely inaccurate. C14 is somewhat more accurate. Tree ring dating may be better yet.
_The dinosaurs likely were killed off by one or more of those Floods and accompanying impacts etc.
_The Floods were likely caused by several things: 1. a large temporarily elliptically orbiting body was close enough to raise weekly or monthly tidal tsunamis during closest approaches; 2. a large asteroid broke up the supercontinent, Pangaea, causing flooding; 3. Asteroids or comets impacted the Ice Sheet and caused catastrophic meltwater floods; 4. heavy rains were precipitated by such objects entering our atmosphere when it was denser than present; 5. heat, volcanic dust and impact dust caused evaporation & precipitation, which caused more flooding etc.
_The supercontinent Pangaea likely existed until about 4,500 years ago and it was likely lowland, with shallow seas and no mountains, and warm climate, because it was centered near the equator and none of the lands were in the polar regions.
_When the asteroid broke up Pangaea, the impact caused mountain chains to form quickly and when the moving continents encountered friction that slowed them from sliding away, more mountain chains formed. See Shock Dynamics set Plate Tectonics in motion
_The sliding continents exposed a lot of molten magma on the newly formed Atlantic & Indian Ocean floors. As Pacific Ocean waters entered the new ocean basins, a lot of water formed steam, then impact dust and volcanic dust caused much of it to fall as rain and snow.
_Northern parts of North America and Eurasia slid northward into the Arctic region and Antarctica slid into the south polar region. Much of the snow fell in these high latitude lands, producing the Ice Sheets.
_A lot of science media have covered the impact that supposedly killed off the dinosaurs. Impacts were involved, but most of the dinosaurs show signs of having drowned by flooding. A more recent science theory discusses similar evidence of impacts that killed off the giant mammals. It's called the Younger Dryas (YD) impact. It's generally dated to almost 13,000 years ago, but it's very likely that it occurred around 4,300 years ago instead.
_There were several impacts. The main ones hit the Ice Sheet around Michigan, which ejected huge ice boulders that made secondary impacts all over eastern North America, which killed off most animals and people there. They formed the Carolina Bays and other similar craters.
_Much of the Ice Sheets melted from these and other impacts, causing a lot of flooding. The Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea likely flooded at around that time. The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx were flooded with about 200 feet of seawater probably at that time.
_The Earth and other planets may have transitioned to their present orbits around that time.
_The time before the Pangaea breakup was called the Golden age, when the climate was ideal and life was easy.
_Religions organized for the purpose of trying to bring back the Golden Age.
_I believe people (angels, spirits) probably exist in the spirit world among us and they have probably been trying to improve religions over the centuries.
_I believe Jesus is likely the leading angel.
_I think the Bible refers to corrupt society as the Beast, because it uses brute force to accomplish its will much like wild beasts do, esp. predators.
_And I think when the Bible talks about End Times, it's referring to the End Times for the Beast. In other words, the system of domination by force is coming to an end, and Jesus' system of Love for All (as described in Acts 15 etc) will soon replace the Beast and bring about our new Golden Age.
_I don't want to discuss the Religion aspect in this thread. I'd like to just discuss the Science aspect here. Si?

Last edited:

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
_I intend to have scientific discussion despite x and I encourage the same from participants in this discussion.

_My main interest in ancient history is regarding ancient cataclysms, which had tremendous influence on societies, history & religions. Velikovsky's books, Worlds in Collision and Earth in Upheaval were the first ones on the subject that intrigued me, starting in 1969. There were several magazines I followed over the years that involved a lot of scientists discussing and making productive findings on ancient catastrophic events. David Talbott and Dwardu Cardona made some especially impressive findings in comparative mythology, which involved Venus, Mars & Earth being likely former satellites of Saturn and some cataclysms were likely due to their transitions to their present orbits. But that's hard to prove or pin down. (Velikovsky's ideas about Venus and Mars were misdated about a thousand years later than they actually occurred IMO.)
_What seems easier to prove is that there was one or more Great Floods likely within the past 6,000 years.
_Nearly all of the sedimentary rock strata were likely deposited during those Floods.
_That means most mainstream dating methods are very likely hugely inaccurate. C14 is somewhat more accurate. Tree ring dating may be better yet.
_The dinosaurs likely were killed off by one or more of those Floods and accompanying impacts etc.
_The Floods were likely caused by several things: 1. a large temporarily elliptically orbiting body was close enough to raise weekly or monthly tidal tsunamis during closest approaches; 2. a large asteroid broke up the supercontinent, Pangaea, causing flooding; 3. Asteroids or comets impacted the Ice Sheet and caused catastrophic meltwater floods; 4. heavy rains were precipitated by such objects entering our atmosphere when it was denser than present; 5. heat, volcanic dust and impact dust caused evaporation & precipitation, which caused more flooding etc.
_The supercontinent Pangaea likely existed until about 4,500 years ago and it was likely lowland, with shallow seas and no mountains, and warm climate, because it was centered near the equator and none of the lands were in the polar regions.
_When the asteroid broke up Pangaea, the impact caused mountain chains to form quickly and when the moving continents encountered friction that slowed them from sliding away, more mountain chains formed. See Shock Dynamics set Plate Tectonics in motion
_The sliding continents exposed a lot of molten magma on the newly formed Atlantic & Indian Ocean floors. As Pacific Ocean waters entered the new ocean basins, a lot of water formed steam, then impact dust and volcanic dust caused much of it to fall as rain and snow.
_Northern parts of North America and Eurasia slid northward into the Arctic region and Antarctica slid into the south polar region. Much of the snow fell in these high latitude lands, producing the Ice Sheets.
_A lot of science media have covered the impact that supposedly killed off the dinosaurs. Impacts were involved, but most of the dinosaurs show signs of having drowned by flooding. A more recent science theory discusses similar evidence of impacts that killed off the giant mammals. It's called the Younger Dryas (YD) impact. It's generally dated to almost 13,000 years ago, but it's very likely that it occurred around 4,300 years ago instead.
_There were several impacts. The main ones hit the Ice Sheet around Michigan, which ejected huge ice boulders that made secondary impacts all over eastern North America, which killed off most animals and people there. They formed the Carolina Bays and other similar craters.
_Much of the Ice Sheets melted from these and other impacts, causing a lot of flooding. The Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea likely flooded at around that time. The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx were flooded with about 200 feet of seawater probably at that time.
_The Earth and other planets may have transitioned to their present orbits around that time.
_The time before the Pangaea breakup was called the Golden age, when the climate was ideal and life was easy.
_Religions organized for the purpose of trying to bring back the Golden Age.
_I believe people (angels, spirits) probably exist in the spirit world among us and they have probably been trying to improve religions over the centuries.
_I believe Jesus is likely the leading angel.
_I think the Bible refers to corrupt society as the Beast, because it uses brute force to accomplish its will much like wild beasts do, esp. predators.
_And I think when the Bible talks about End Times, it's referring to the End Times for the Beast. In other words, the system of domination by force is coming to an end, and Jesus' system of Love for All (as described in Acts 15 etc) will soon replace the Beast and bring about our new Golden Age.
_I don't want to discuss the Religion aspect in this thread. I'd like to just discuss the Science aspect here. Si?

You say you want to have a scientific discussion and then present a number of claims. Do you have any scientific evidence to support these claims? If so, would you care to present it?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
3 obvious points:
1. If you don't want to discuss religion you shouldn't base your argument on religion;
2. and don't end your post with a pile of religious statements.
3. If you want to discuss science you need to bring some science into your argument.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you have any scientific evidence to support these claims? If so, would you care to present it?

There is evidence for lost civilization

If you care to investigate…

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.