Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all, I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first child, after having a miscarriage in April, I am just seeking advice from mothers and other pregnant women.

What should I expect in the next few weeks?
When should I start to feel bubs kicking/moving?
When will I start looking pregnant?

These are just a few of the questions I have. Thanks for your replies.

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations!!:clap: My daughter is 2, but it seems like it's been forever since I've been pregnant!! I can't remember specifically, but would HIGHLY recommend the "What To Expect When You're Expecting" book...takes you month by month of, well, what to expect (*snicker*)!!

Also, I'm sure you've checked out the websites like babyzone.com. I think that's the one where you can plug in your due date & they have a personal calendar that shows you week to week what to expect. You can also get a weekly email that summarizes it.

Anyways, soooo happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy....praying for you!!:prayer:

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I recommend the same book. My wife and I are expecting our second in February. Our first will be two in FEbruary, so we remember it well!!!
Also, do a search on yahoo or google and look for sites that go day by day or week by week. I recommend finding a few of them since they are not going to all be in agreement. In our first pregnancy, I must have had about 15 sites in my favorites and I read them all dutifully every morning.
God bless and congratulations!
Tommy

Upvote 0

Jengi

Jan 31, 2004
✟8,129.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are expecting our first as well. My friend bought me the book: Your Pregnancy Week by Week. It is great for telling you what to expect each week. I have What to Expect as well and although it has some info that Week by Week doesn't, I like Week by Week even better. I am so ready to start feeling the baby move and to look pregnant istead of look like I am gaining weight for no reason!

Upvote 0

Sheena_Va

May 22, 2004
Virginia
✟7,895.00
Faith
Christian
:clap: First of all... YAY!!!! Congratulations on being blessed by the greatest gift the Lord will ever give you (other than your salvation of course).
My son will be 4 in January and my little girl will be 3 tomorrow. If ya think hard and do the math it's about 8.5 months between them, lol.
My husband and I tried for many years to have a baby, but it seemed it wasnt what the Lord intended for us. Hubby's cousin called out of the blue one day, said she was pregnant (again) and begged us to take the baby. Of course, no begging was needed.
He was born Jan. 29th and came home the next day with us. Fast Forward 2 months.... I was feeling ill, very tired and stressed and had assumed it was just the natural new mommy thing going on.....Hubby ( who was way more in tune with me than I was) insisted I take a pregnancy test. TADA...there it was! I was 7 weeks pregnant with my little girl.
My little boy was an "ecstacy baby", so he was very ill the first 4-5 months. The tired feeling remained with me throughout the pregnancy, but in all it was fabulous!
I, too, read every little thing I could get my hands on...some of it helpful, some of it ridiculous!
I felt the baby move about 2 weeks before I really knew that was what was happening...it feels like little bubbles in your belly for the first month or so of movement. Towards the end it became somewhat uncomfortable, but even after all the complaining, I missed it after she was born.;)
Also...your gonna hear people saying... Go natural... WHATEVER!!! I thought I was gonna be the big strong woman and do without any "help" during labor.... by the time I was 6cm and they offered an epidural, I was LOVING my anesthesiologist and promising to dance at his wedding ( as soon as I had feeling in my lower extremities again, LoL)
Enjoy your pregnancy and get LOTS of rest... your gonna need it!!!
God bless your new little family!!

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks guys. You have helped alot. I have the What to Expect when you're expecting book, my mother got it for me. I am so hungery now, I went from zero appitite to wow, feed me appitite almost over night this week. I think I have finally kicked the mornig sickness, so I am praying for weight gain, I have lost ~10 lbs since getting pregnant. I have just mailed my pre-registration papers tot he hospital and I start child birth classes January 15. I think my hubby is more excited right now than I am, still a bit scared of losing this bubbsy.

Upvote 0