Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Even if more than 50% of the report is redacted, there are still likely to be many embarrassing revelations about the president's personal life, evidence detailing the level of incompetence within the Trump administration, and of wrong doing on the part of the president. It just wasn't enough to bring a criminal indictment.

Regardless, I think those celebrating the exoneration of the president did so prematurely. Even the redacted version of the report should provide enough insight that the president and those around him conducted themselves unethically.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eh. Since it doesn't show Trump is guilty, I see no point of seeing it. Seems some just want to grasp at straws out of pure hatred from Trump at this point. I can't imagine living my life every second of the day hating someone and what not. Ironically they say they don't care about him, but yet here we are.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Even the redacted version of the report should provide enough insight that the president and those around him conducted themselves unethically.
This president has a history of acting unethically. That should surprise no one.
That said, my intent here is one of general curiosity and entertainment rather than hardened political/legal critique.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am going to guess that it will be a lot, but only because the whole thing was a fishing expedition.

Under those circumstances, all sorts of subpoenas were issued, testimony taken, and etc. which led nowhere but did bring up the names of people who were not part of the mission of the commission. These all have to be kept private.

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And ironically Trump had nothing to do with the Russian hack or WikiLeaks. No surprise.
https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

That's not entirely true: Mueller says Trump was unsuccessful in obstructing justice - but mostly because his aides didn't follow his orders and Mueller says Trump's public acts can be considered obstruction. Ironically, his supporters are fervently insisting that he's been exonerated, but repeating that misleading narrative doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been exonerated by the report.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's not entirely true: Mueller says Trump was unsuccessful in obstructing justice - but mostly because his aides didn't follow his orders and Mueller says Trump's public acts can be considered obstruction. Ironically, his supporters are fervently insisting that he's been exonerated, but repeating that misleading narrative doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been exonerated by the report.
Well, it was said by all the critics for month after month that he colluded with the Russians.

That has been found to be baseless, so the same people have had to look for something else. Now.

And if it was not that...it would be something else. It really doesn't matter, so long as he won the election and they do not like that he did.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, it was said by all the critics for month after month that he colluded with the Russians.

That has been found to be baseless, so the same people have had to look for something else. Now.

And if it was not that...it would be something else. It really doesn't matter, so long as he won the election and they do not like that he did.
You make it sound like he is off the hook for any crime he did commit because there are some he may not have committed.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His public words and actions sure do give that impression.

Not to mention the fact that he's still refusing to release his tax returns after promising that he would release them. I think his continued refusal on this begs the question - What is he trying to hide?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You make it sound like he is off the hook for any crime he did commit because there are some he may not have committed.
I think thats called double stupidity.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There's a great visual representation of the redaction here (linkage)
As example, one of the more redacted sections looks like this:
redacted1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟935,297.00
Faith
Atheist
There's a great visual representation of the redaction here (linkage)
As example, one of the more redacted sections looks like this:
View attachment 254976
I followed the link. Most of the redaction appears to be Russia related. I'd suppose that the redacted sections primarily reveal how we know what we know. That sort of thing is just the sort of thing that ought to be redacted.

The more troubling part, without reading it, is the Prosecution and Declination Decisions section.

All in all, the reported information seems damning enough.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0