Walking is harding than Talking.
Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The fact is, Fireinfolding, that we all are in the body, yet some of us don't recognize that. I've spoken with people of multiple sects that say the other isn't a part of the body of Christ. Is there unity in that? I don't think so. A look in the GT will show that, too. People debating each other left and right, saying that each other is wrong. If one is wrong, how can they be right? If they aren't right, how then can their faith be test to be proved true?

I've been a part of multiple churches of which say the other is "wolves in sheep's clothing". Unity? No.

I believe in unity, yes. But, I don't believe that we all recognize that. So, I don't think that unity will be recognize among ourselves.

Reactions: StTherese
Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

The fact is, Fireinfolding, that we all are in the body, yet some of us don't recognize that. I've spoken with people of multiple sects that say the other isn't a part of the body of Christ. Is there unity in that? I don't think so. A look in the GT will show that, too. People debating each other left and right, saying that each other is wrong. If one is wrong, how can they be right? If they aren't right, how then can their faith be test to be proved true?

I've been a part of multiple churches of which say the other is "wolves in sheep's clothing". Unity? No.

I believe in unity, yes. But, I don't believe that we all recognize that. So, I don't think that unity will be recognize among ourselves.

HAVE A VERY HAPPY AND BLESSED BIRTHDAY!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

StTherese

Peace begins with a smile :)
Aug 23, 2006
✟22,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:prayer: So that all will be as one. Amen.

M's-candle-for-Hussam.jpg

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is, Fireinfolding, that we all are in the body, yet some of us don't recognize that.

I agree

I've spoken with people of multiple sects that say the other isn't a part of the body of Christ.

The foot and the hand saying they have no need of each other is nothing new^_^

Is there unity in that? I don't think so.

I certainly would not pray for something we had right? I always pray for what is lacking (and hopefully in accord with His desire and will). Which I believe this thread is in accord with.

A look in the GT will show that, too.

It dont take discernment to see whats obvious to the world thats for sure^_^

I dont think anyones not blind to whats apparent, thats WHY we should pray.

Theres wonderful and loving good examples here who also show grace in their disagreements as well. Thought few as they might be lights in a dark place are needed and very much appreciated and loved (at least by me).

People debating each other left and right, saying that each other is wrong. If one is wrong, how can they be right? If they aren't right, how then can their faith be test to be proved true?

The body is made up of carnal babes and spiritually mature. How do you think tolerance is formed in us if theres nothing (at all) to be tolerated? How can we show mercy and forgiveness if theres no one to extend that to? I think (in short) you get where I am coming from but that is why a prayer thread was started.

Whats the WORST thing that can happen?

God could say NO?

Thats why it can't hurt to pray. Afterall we should pray for those who hate us, our enemies, right? How much more for our little misdirected selves?

He could simply say FORGET IT I will leave it DESOLATE.

Maybe we'll be pleasant surprised, if not, then it runs its course till we get picked off one by one (and go elsewhere eventually). Then this whole experience will be as many others as smoke rising (in far off memories) in the landscape of our conscience right?

So no biggy.

:prayer: <--- Which is WHY^_^

Maybe;) If we join in prayer TO GOD (ALMIGHTY FATHER) having just an ITTY BITTY BIT of faith in HIS POWER (to HEAR and answer) in accordance to His own will, we might be pleasantly surprised here? :idea:

Who knows?

If He can raise THE DEAD (for goodness sake) is this not A SMALL matter to Him?^_^

If others need the ability (as you say) to ~reccognize~ something and He opens the eyes of the blind, I do believe "reccognition" is just as possible for Him.

Dont cha think?;)

The thread was not created to beat an already dead horse, but to revive the dead horse^_^

What are ya doing coming on a prayer thread arguing bout it ?^_^

Com on, you have to see that as comical (even in some small way) I do bro^_^

YA WITH US or what? Its just PRAYER not a government take over here lol

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dear Heavenly Father
May Thy Will be done
So all will be saved and come to the knowledge of Truth.
Transform our hearts
So that they can be the home of the Holy Spirit
and then advance in Charity and Truth
so that all can be one.
In Jesus Name
Amen.

:amen: What a beautiful sentiment. :thumbsup:
And may the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always.

Yours in Christ.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen: What a beautiful sentiment. :thumbsup:
And my the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always.

Yours in Christ.

I missed that one:thumbsup:

I AGREE that one most certainly is:amen:

Peace

Fireinfolding

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟25,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
NEVER give up hope for unity among Christians! We can become united in Christ by looking to what we have in common rather than how we are different. Have you ever heard the phrase, "divide and conquer"? That is what the evil one is doing to us Christians when we deny the possibility of unity. We have strength in numbers when we remember that "UNITED WE STAND. DIVIDED WE FALL."

So they may all be as one.
:amen: AMEN!:amen:

Reactions: StTherese
Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
O Merciful Lord Jesus, Our Savior, hear the prayers and petitions of Your unworthy sinful servants who humbly call upon You and make us all to be one in Your one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. Flood our souls with Your unquenchable light. Put an end to religious disagreements, and grant that we Your disciples and Your beloved children may all worship You with a single heart and voice. Fulfill quickly, O grace-giving Lord, your promise that there shall be one flock and one Divine Shepherd of Your Church; and may we be made worthy to glorify Your Holy Name now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

-prayer for unity by Blessed Leonid Feodorov

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

_beloved_

Legend
Feb 25, 2007
✟60,920.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
:crossrc:

Father,
Just as Jesus prayed, I pray also.
That we all may be as one.
For Your glory and for our good.
In Your beloved Son's Name, Amen.

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:21-23

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.