Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
Context is all baptism!

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Like when the spirit descended from above when Jesus was “baptized”? You mean being born again is baptism?

context of Jn 3:5

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
In the year 130 the Bishop of Lyons, Irenaeus wrote concerning a theme common in patristic Marian reflections, that Mary was the "Second Eve": "As Eve was seduced by the speech of an angel, so as to flee God in transgressing his word, so also Mary received the good tidings by means of the angel's speech, so as to be God within her, being obedient to this word. And though the one had disobeyed God, yet the other was drawn to obey him; that of the virgin Eve, the virgin Mary might become the advocate and as by a virgin the human race had been bound to death, by a virgin it is saved, the balance being preserved- a virgin's disobedience by a virgin' obedience." (Against Heresies, 3, 19 130 A.D.)

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He That came down from heaven, even the Son of man Which is in heaven."

That's what Christ is talking about when he says you must be "born from above".

We should be baptized after we accept Christ as our Savior to show we believe he died and resurrected but Christ is talking about something different here.

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Baptism is not optional!

salvation cannot be by faith alone!
Not biblical!

baptism that’s what he’s talking about!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

(Outside the ark and the church there is no salvation!)

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
salvation cannot be by faith alone!
Not biblical!

The church does not save anyone. Christ does the saving period. That's why the veil was rent top to bottom to symbolize we don't need anyone else. We can go straight to the Father through Christ who is a our Savior and advocate.

And how are these verses not biblical?

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved.

Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Are you calling Romans 10:9 and 10 a lie?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
There is only one savior but He do so only they His church and His apostles and their successors and His sacraments!

Christ continues His ministry thru Peter the apostles and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Baptism!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Matt 28:19 ( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Romans 6:3

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is not biblical.

True Christians make up the many membered body, that's the church and the ministry Christ started. It has nothing to do with a builiding, etc. And again, the church doesn't save anyone, only Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
Apostolic Succession!

Mosaic covenant pre-figures apostolic succession with the successors of Moses, sitting in the chair (Greek cathedral) of Moses and Jesus Christ requires obedience of them.

(Mt 23) they had the keys of the kingdom and power to bind and loose!

This power and authority are given to Peter and the apostles and their successors in matt 16:18 and Matt 28:19 the great commission cannot be accomplished by the apostles alone, hence the need for their successors to continue to teach all nations, and baptize the disciples! Jn 4:1 Jesus requires obedience to Peter, the apostles and their successors who have the keys and the power to bind and loose!

Matthias replaces Judas. Acts 1 who had the ministry of apostle!

Jesus is an apostle, the apostles are already in succession to Him, they in turn would have successors. (Heb 3:11 acts 1)

Care for our souls

(Acts 20:28 Jn 21:17 Heb 13:17)

Keys of the kingdom

(Is 22 Mt 16:18)

Peter the prince and first (Mt 10:2) is appointed head of the church on earth by Jesus Christ to hold His office of apostle, to teach, govern the church, and sanctify the people! Christ is the only savior but He founded a church on Peter, the apostles, and their successors, he saves thru the church! Acts 2:47

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For Christians, the earthly Levitical priest line ended with Christ. We can go straight to the Father through Christ as I previously mentioned. That's why the veil was torn.

If I were you I'd really take a look at these verses,

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to the Father which is in secret; and thy Father Which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Matthew 6:7 "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

he saves thru the church! Acts 2:47

Acts 2:47 "Praising God, and having favour with all people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved

This just means the many membered body of Christians began to grow. And it did and still does today.

Upvote 0

b4jesustoday

Aug 15, 2020
Dallas
✟5,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Widowed
For Christians, the earthly Levitical priest line ended with Christ. We can go straight to the Father through Christ as I previously mentioned. That's why the veil was torn.
no the holy of Holies represented heaven and the veil represented heaven was closed since the fall of Adam! Tearing of the veil from top to bottom represents the redemption of Jesus Christ!

yes if you are baptized into Christ you have access to the Father!

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to the Father which is in secret; and thy Father Which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."
Amen!

Matthew 6:7 "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

vain repetition is forbidden but the repeating of a single prayer is not forbidden! Mt 26:44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

he saves thru the church! Acts 2:47

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; saves thru the church!

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What saints?

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

I am not sure if those prayers of the saints are those in heaven or on earth.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
On earth. In heaven there is no need to pray as everything is perfect, clear, in right order and according to God's will. There will be worship and thanksgiving. All the problems are here on earth. The job of the church is to deal with Satan (he is already defeated) and set the captives free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What saints?

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Hi and I believe that Jesus taught his disciples how to pray and did not see where Mary was included , and IF he did , please produce a verse , PLEASE ??

dan p

Upvote 0