Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I am currently looking for prayers against witchcraft on the internet, I feel that I am being targeted by witchcraft people, they are out there in town and they know about me and are targeting me. I am currently rebuking witchcraft, commanding the witchcraft to stop in the name of Jesus, and I also break the witchcraft people's power in the name of Jesus. Is it scriptural to pray that the witchcraft people's spells are returned on their own head? I believe I have heard people praying for this before but I am not sure. Thanks!

• Prayers
Reactions: Psalm 27

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it’s just your own mind Dave, in its own way of obsessing. If it doesn’t stop after rebuking etc, it may be just your mind. I have this sometimes. One time it didn’t want to stop. I did everything, had to fight it everyday. It would have kept on if the person lived. I was in prayer, the whole nine yards. But it seems imaginary if you don’t have a face to face encounter. I talked to wiccans, satanist, witches before Jesus. Nothing concocted like my own mind. I feel impervious to it because of Jesus. But there is a way out of it and it’s God who gives the increase’. Fight it don’t let it have its way in your mind. Sometimes it just learning experiences trying to form our own control that God honors in us. It does sound a bit like paranoia doesn’t it? Take it captive, close the door on it. You can still have a relationship with God and encouragement and teaching from Him while it’s going on.

Yes you can David did. And pray that they be suddenly ashamed and turn away.

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another question- Can I pray that all witchcraft coming against me is returned to sender?
Some people are all about "doing spiritual warfare." I'm not. I have no indication from the Bible that shouting things to the sky, or declaring with conviction, accomplishes anything. Prayer is just "asking God."

You don't have to worry about witch spells. Witches and Satan have no power apart from what God gives them. If God has set His seal of affection on you, you're safe from the stupid hexes. ;)

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I might make a suggestion, get into the habit of unpacking the remedies, for whatever comes before us. One, those things that are ours universally and those things that are Christians' individually. Anything come to mind? Individually can be summed up with one, "gifts".

Now there is a great many who offer a debilitation when they speak of gifts, as though you can't have it. While true, God rewards us each, some to this and some to that, but ever-keep the possibility open (1 Cor 1:7). The gift of intercession, gift of faith, discerning of spirits, etc can surely have its part here.

But those things that are universal come behind none of those either. Things such as the acknowledgement of the Spirit's "groans which cannot be uttered" are part of what makes us "more than conquerors". But I think you need to keep in mind the level of burden you seem to want to assume the load of. Remember, "the battle is the Lord's"as we continually cast all cares upon Him, for He cares for you while we walk in this crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

But note, If that co-existence is the case, that is where I don't isolate the demonic into some special grouping, they are all lost with Satan having one area specific to him, the Apostle did more than just come against "strongholds" to retain "every thought to the obedience of Christ", he also "delivered unto Satan" those of us who were unrepentant.

The whole armor of God is universal. Stance against unrighteousness IS a good thing (Rom 13). And every good work should never be marginalized as though we were all about good works for salvation. This is a subsequent activity which the novice laymen tends to stray in the word.

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
About 10 years ago, I met a couple of 'witchypoos' (they were actually just mentally ill) from then on, I started noticing what I would call, and epidemic of 'dark interests'. And BTW, its everywhere!
its in my family, media, books, schools. Little kids, casting spells on each other.

Its Like I'm a magnet.

Last week, I sat in a cafe, enjoying a bit of peace, and heard a man talking to his parents about egyptology and witchcraft. I get so angry with it, because it's all I notice now. I had to say something, then I look like the nutter.
I'm sat in another cafe today, trying not to hear people, and then I get texts, from family, one is new age, one is witchy.

We shouldn't dismiss everything as mumbo jumbo, or paranoia, because there are some seriously malevolent unbelievers out there, who do wish harm on others.

Jesus cast demons out of people more than anything else...We're in a spiritual war...

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Another question- Can I pray that all witchcraft coming against me is returned to sender?

That would be uncharitable and un-Christian. “Bless those who curse you.”

As Christians we are protected against the occult through the power of the Cross. Simply praying the Lord’s Prayer, or “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me, a Sinner” or “Lord have Mercy” should be enough to repel any sorcery, as well as making the sign of the Cross as a benediction.

You should also pray for those who you believe are using sorcery against you, asking God to move their hearts to charity and inspire them to seek out His true faith. And pray that they be blessed in every way. Because again, Jesus said “Bless those who curse you,” in the Gospel according to Luke, ch. 6 v. 28.

Trying to have the witchcraft sent at you be reflected back on the sender would literally be to curse those who curse you, and would be contrary to the instructions of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ.

There are additional prayers for protection against sorcery that have been used in the Eastern Orthodox church, for example, for protection against the evil eye, that are given by clergy to people who feel they are under attack; @prodromos or @HTacianas or another of our Orthodox friends can brief you on that, or you could ask in The Ancient Way.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes you can David did. And pray that they be suddenly ashamed and turn away.

No, you can’t, for David was under the Law, but we are under Christ, who commanded us to Bless those who Curse us. Luke 6:28. Reflecting sorcery back on the sorcerer is a malediction per se.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you can’t, for David was under the Law, but we are under Christ, who commanded us to Bless those who Curse us. Luke 6:28. Reflecting sorcery back on the sorcerer is a malediction per se.

no-o. Then pray for your enemy. The OT also says ,no plot formed against me shall prosper’. I’m going for that one too. Different meaning of ‘curse’.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
no-o. Then pray for your enemy. The OT also says ,no plot formed against me shall prosper’. I’m going for that one too. Different meaning of ‘curse’.

It is improper accordimg to our Lord for us to seek vengeance or to curse those who curse us. Luke 6:24. Also Ephesians. We are to pray for our enemies, including blwssinf those who curse us and blessing those who persecute us. We are further told by Christ our God that “Vengeance is Mine.” Thus we should judge not, lest we not be judged, and forgive, so that we may be forgiven.

Upvote 0