• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Prayer works

Discussion in 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder' started by sdd7747, Mar 24, 2014.

1. sdd7747

sdd7747 Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Married
    I have still been struggling here and there with my latest OCD...fear of possession.

Last night I read something on this forum in Ask a Chaplain that triggered me. I couldn't sleep. I was frightened and I started crying and praying. I prayed that God would speak to me and calm this fear once and for all.

I logged onto facebook and a christian singer that I follow had posted this ""My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." Isaiah 32:18 (NIV)"

This is exactly what I needed to hear. I felt peace and soon fell asleep.

Our God is a good and loving God. He does not want to see us fearful. He wants to see us happy and living life.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sdd7747

sdd7747 Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Married
    Just wondering: do you think I interpreted this verse wrong?

3. AFriendIndeed

AFriendIndeed Junior Member

+1
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    There is no room for the devil because the Holy Spirit indwells you. I am glad you found peace. Here is one of my life's verses: 2 Timothy 1:7
    King James Version (KJV)
    7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Take care.

4. Celticroots

Celticroots Newbie

+615
    Christian
    Single
    That's great! Thanks for sharing. :)

5. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+889
    Christian
    Married
    I think it is great that you got that verse. God will protect you always.

Rest will surround your home
    Even when you feel alone
    Peace will protect your heart
    For God will from you never depart

6. emilie mayer

emilie mayer Newbie

+15
    Christian
    Married
    Scripture speaks to people in different ways. I believe if you felt peace and it calmed you then you took the verse how God meant it for you at the time. See ws are all going through different things so God speaks to people depending on what they need. You feeling peace and being able to sleep to me shows you believed God and His promise. Thats Good your faith is growing

7. Gods warrior 1

Gods warrior 1 Newbie

+46
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Praying for you. God loves you.

8. Gods warrior 1

Gods warrior 1 Newbie

+46
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Praying for you. How are you going?