Sep 23, 2012
✟15,375.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know as a Christian I am not supposed to be angry or resentful of others, but I still struggle with this every day toward some people who hurt me deeply in the past. I still have love in my heart for every person who caused me pain, but overwhelming sadness and hurt for the things that they did and that some continue to do. As a defense mechanism i catch myself being cold, avoiding and when pushed to the limit lashing out...Please pray for God to help heal the scars from my past, and allow me to forget those past hurts. I feel such guilt for having these feelings and for not being able to control the impulse to react the way that I do. There is one person that hurt me that every time I see him, I lash out and then suffer a week or two of deep depression over this inability to control my tongue. The other is my mother who I'm supporting because she is an addict and when she begins craving drugs, I lash out toward her. I know that if I could react with the love that I feel inside rather than with anger and frustration, that I could probably reach both of them for Christ, but instead I may be pushing them away.

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know as a Christian I am not supposed to be angry or resentful of others, but I still struggle with this every day toward some people who hurt me deeply in the past. I still have love in my heart for every person who caused me pain, but overwhelming sadness and hurt for the things that they did and that some continue to do. As a defense mechanism i catch myself being cold, avoiding and when pushed to the limit lashing out...Please pray for God to help heal the scars from my past, and allow me to forget those past hurts. I feel such guilt for having these feelings and for not being able to control the impulse to react the way that I do. There is one person that hurt me that every time I see him, I lash out and then suffer a week or two of deep depression over this inability to control my tongue. The other is my mother who I'm supporting because she is an addict and when she begins craving drugs, I lash out toward her. I know that if I could react with the love that I feel inside rather than with anger and frustration, that I could probably reach both of them for Christ, but instead I may be pushing them away.
Praying with you. I have similar frustrations and guilt. God help you and strengthen you and bless you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Bless yer heart. WE all have those same issues. God DOES work it out in His own timing. TRUST Him in all of this as He does. He is our Counselor and Comforter and our Healer and HE knows EXACTLY how to work this out in each of us. Anger and resentment happen. He's GOT it all, and you. It will happen, precious, but in His timing and not yours or mine. In the meantime i'm lifting you up to Him, Who LOVES you and looooves hugs and snuggles. Go to Him and let Him snuggle and hug you, dear heart. Father minister, comfort and heal as only You can, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had similar issues and realized that I had not really forgiven them for the past hurts. I know that if i didn't forgive them, that God couldn't forgive me either. They were not worth my soul. I gave it all to God and asked him to take care of it.

A sonce told me a story about a man who took his watch to a watch maker to fix. Then he picked the watch up and took it with him when he left. We are like that man... we take our hurts to God and ask him to heal them, but we pick them back up and carry them away with us. God cannot heal that which he doesn't have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums