Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I would appreciate prayers for myself. I am lukewarm in my relationship with Christ. I am trying to be hot, but I am struggling with letting certain things go in my life. Also, I am dealing with much anger and frustration towards God with these circumstances, which I feel is preventing me from being humble. I want to be humble, but I don’t know how to get there. I know that I am poor, blind, wretched, and naked. I just don’t know how to buy the gold refined in the fire and white garments to clothe myself. I don’t know how to open the door and let Jesus come in to my life like He needs to be. Please pray that I would get the needed spiritual discernment, humility, and will to walk this out with Him and become who He created me to be.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need the Holy Spirits conviction. If you are sincere read a couple chapters at night of the New Testament. Read it through a couple times and see what happens and pray.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate prayers for myself. I am lukewarm in my relationship with Christ. I am trying to be hot, but I am struggling with letting certain things go in my life. Also, I am dealing with much anger and frustration towards God with these circumstances, which I feel is preventing me from being humble. I want to be humble, but I don’t know how to get there. I know that I am poor, blind, wretched, and naked. I just don’t know how to buy the gold refined in the fire and white garments to clothe myself. I don’t know how to open the door and let Jesus come in to my life like He needs to be. Please pray that I would get the needed spiritual discernment, humility, and will to walk this out with Him and become who He created me to be.

We will have trouble understanding God's ways if we depend on our reasoning and our religious thinking, rather than what God says in His "...immutable Word": our Holy Bible. If you meditate on John 3; John 14; John 17; Romans 8; etc in the Gospel books of our Bible, you should hear our Creator-God speaking to you personally; and He points us to His "...beloved Son" for our ONLY salvation. Have you yet received the Lord Jesus into your heart (not just as an ideal practice or as a long-ago teacher)? Salvation of our soul and blessings by God come ONLY in a personal RELATIONSHIP through the Lord Jesus (meditate on John 14:6)! We need the Lord Jesus as our Savior for Heaven and eternity, and need Him daily as Lord of our life ---and best Friend.

Keep looking up to God and His "...exceeding great and precious promises", Ultima, and less about looking around and trying to be 'more humble'. God cares, and so should we. --1watchman

Reactions: Brad D.
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, this you can pray for your circumstances:

Lord Jesus Christ, my Shepherd.
I bless the circumstance that bring grief and sorrow into my heart. I bless it. I receive the peace of Jesus Christ and the inheritance blessings— that is coming to me; from blessing it.
Amen.

Beloved one, if you want to be humble before God, just acknowledging that you have sinned Him and others.And believe that He forgive your sins.

If you aren’t sure that He has forgiven you, release forgiveness to those who wronged you. ( consider Jesus’ own words in Matthew 6:14-15 and be assured )

If you consider yourself poor, seek the Lord’s help.

If you consider yourself blind, receive the Holy Spirit by hearing of faith, and He shall enlighten you with His words; just as Jesus said that He testified of me.

If you consider yourself wretched — don’t shed any more innocent blood, know the paths of peace by knowing the way of peace in Christ Jesus.

If you consider yourself naked, you should realize that the Lord have looked on your heart as your ways are before His eyes and has pondered your paths. So repent and be clothed with His strength.

If you want to buy gold refined in the fire, you must be willing to be tested in the furnace of affliction. Beloved one, suffer no longer for what was wrong but rather be willing to suffer for what is right.

If you want to clothe yourself with white garments, — daily clean yourself with His words and have the mind of Christ.

If you are looking for spiritual discernment, perceive that God is Spirit.

Perceive what Jesus said in John 6:63

If you want to walk with Jesus, set your minds on the things of the Spirit.

If you want to become whom He created you to be, obey Him.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have found that the more I exercise my faith, the more it grows and matures. My faith grew the most in times of deep personal distress and trouble, when I was literally at the end of my rope. Jesus is always waiting to come into your heart.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
prayinghands2_zpsdycorju1.gif

You are in my Prayers!

Upvote 0

subtlecollision

Feb 8, 2020
Wisconsin
✟31,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think it's awesome that you're desiring more of God. The fact that you recognize your lack of desire is a problem would make me think that you're already becoming less lukewarm. :) I pray that God would help you let go of what you need to let go of. I pray that the undesired circumstances that you're in would change. Something good could be just around the corner. :)

I pray that your faith would grow and that you would experience God's love, forgiveness, and freedom more fully. I think knowing what Christ did for us in his death and resurrection-- knowing that we are fully 100% forgiven, redeemed, washed anew (not because of anything we did or deserved) knowing that on a deep level-- may bring you newfound passion and joy. We love because He first loved us. You need to understand the depths of His love if you want to love Him more. :)

Upvote 0