hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, I have a friend I've been trying to reach out to. I don't think he's a born-again Christian most likely, but we've had some good discussions and we've grown close. He and his girlfriend had a baby and they invited me to her birthday party this year. But I don't have any nieces or nephews of my own and I've never had children, so I'm at a loss what toy to get or what... I have a little over a week left to decide. The family is bilingual in Spanish and English and the theme of the party is like cute baby animals and stuff like that. I know her clothing size, but she'd also grow out of that really fast... Ideas?

Also, I'd appreciate prayer because I have some weird chest pain going on right now which seems to be around my left lung and has lasted five days. With this whole coronavirus thing and reading about how it tends to start deep in the lungs, it's kind of unnerving. At work today it got so painful I could only breathe shallowly. When I got home I almost felt like a fever was developing, but I think it was just from being in pain all day. After sitting awhile I feel a little better. So if you could pray for this to go away and not develop into something more, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So, I have a friend I've been trying to reach out to. I don't think he's a born-again Christian most likely, but we've had some good discussions and we've grown close. He and his girlfriend had a baby and they invited me to her birthday party this year. But I don't have any nieces or nephews of my own and I've never had children, so I'm at a loss what toy to get or what... I have a little over a week left to decide. The family is bilingual in Spanish and English and the theme of the party is like cute baby animals and stuff like that. I know her clothing size, but she'd also grow out of that really fast... Ideas?

Also, I'd appreciate prayer because I have some weird chest pain going on right now which seems to be around my left lung and has lasted five days. With this whole coronavirus thing and reading about how it tends to start deep in the lungs, it's kind of unnerving. At work today it got so painful I could only breathe shallowly. When I got home I almost felt like a fever was developing, but I think it was just from being in pain all day. After sitting awhile I feel a little better. So if you could pray for this to go away and not develop into something more, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Go to the doctor, you can't rely on prayer!

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

A colourful cardboard box.

Thanks!

Go see a doctor.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Go to the doctor, you can't rely on prayer!
Thanks, but in my experience prayer is part of the pathway to healing. Perhaps not always the healing itself, but I do believe God has directed me to the right doctors when I've asked for help with medical issues in the past.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A colourful cardboard box.

Go see a doctor.
Good point. Hahaha But I think her parents wouldn't invite me again. :tongueclosed:
I don't have insurance, so I'm holding off visiting the doctor until it actually seems like it's getting worse. At the moment I think it's slightly better. Today was a bit rough again, but I didn't feel the need to share my woes with my co-workers as much as I do when I'm really struggling with something. One woman suggested it's a pulled or injured muscle since it's worse when I bend over and I don't feel sick otherwise. That's seems like a good suggestion, and I suspect it was trying to end over to tie my shoes while wearing some tight coveralls that may have done it.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good point. Hahaha But I think her parents wouldn't invite me again. :tongueclosed:
I don't have insurance, so I'm holding off visiting the doctor until it actually seems like it's getting worse. At the moment I think it's slightly better. Today was a bit rough again, but I didn't feel the need to share my woes with my co-workers as much as I do when I'm really struggling with something. One woman suggested it's a pulled or injured muscle since it's worse when I bend over and I don't feel sick otherwise. That's seems like a good suggestion, and I suspect it was trying to end over to tie my shoes while wearing some tight coveralls that may have done it.

Right, you Americans and your 5th world health uncare system. If you are experiencing sharp pain when inhaling and related shortness of breath over extended time with no other symptoms it sounds like a pneumothorax. The solution is to ....

see a doctor.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Right, you Americans and your 5th world health uncare system. If you are experiencing sharp pain when inhaling and related shortness of breath over extended time with no other symptoms it sounds like a pneumothorax. The solution is to ....

see a doctor.
Haha I went without insurance of my own accord. I could afford some very pricey Obamacare plans, or whatever the name changed to, but it would take a huge chunk out of my savings - especially as a single person. They think single people are rich apparently... And even those didn't cover dental or eye care!! When I did the calculations I realized that I would actually have more money for medical costs without insurance than with it. But... that does mean when an issue arises it's still out of my pocket instead of being reduced. So I still try to avoid going if I can.

There is actually a Christian medishare program that sounds good. Some people at work have it. While they still won't cover a bill under $500, at least if you have a major problem you know you'll be covered. I have to look into that still. Just haven't got around to it yet. My worst physical condition to this point only cost me 212 dollars, so that kind of makes me drag my feet.

Regarding my chest pain, I was feeling great yesterday like it was almost gone, and then I made the mistake of leaning on my arm for half an hour which aggravated it all over again. It was actually worse than ever. But a hot shower did wonders in the morning and I felt decent most of today. Just taking ibuprofen when I really need it. If I didn't work two jobs, I would take a week off, but that's a lot of people to have cover for me...

I think it's pleurisy, probably not pnuemothorax or I'd be much worse. I haven't had any cough at all which is odd. It's just the pain and kind of weird crunchy feeling when I take a deep breath.

Upvote 0