United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
UPDATED POST #9

This year has been hard on everyone, I know, so, I'm not special in asking for help in this way. I work from home commissioning my services as a copy editor and writing blog articles for several blogs. My mother works at a grocery store and gets ok hours with it. We live together and I help support her. We're behind on electric and phone bills and it's basically just playing catch up each week.

This past August, I had a crisis of faith and left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(LDS/Mormon) which is a cult that worships false prophets and a corporate entity that seeks to extort money from members by exploiting their faith. I came out of my search for truth still believing in Christ as my Lord and Saviour but sometimes it's hard. I was born and raised in that church and it uses a lot of guilt to control its members. So, occasionally, as my mother and I suffer these financial troubles, in the back of my head, I start to doubt leaving the cult. Like, these trials we're going through are because I was not faithful and obedient.

Occasionally, in searching for truth about the LDS faith(stuff they never talked about and never told me while I was a member) I am plagued with doubts about Jesus Christ and the Bible itself. I know I've had experiences, very personal and spiritual experiences where God has touched my life. So, these moments of doubt don't usually last long. But I also feel like the hardships right now are a test of my faith in Christ.

I pray a lot for myself and my mother. I read the scriptures and feel comforted by the warmth and knowledge of God's love. When it comes time to pay the bills, it feels shaky. Like I'm gripping this mustard seed with all my strength but my hand starts to ache.

I ask for prayers for prosperity, for help, for a small boon, for grace. I ask for prayers of strength, that the Lord's will be done. That whatever He has planned for me right now, that I'm able to hold fast to my love for my Saviour. Most of the time, during trials and struggles, it is hard to see what God intends or what He's doing. But after, if you look with the spirit, you can see the way His hand moved mountains for you.

I know I might not see it right now, but with my heart broken from a previous faith, I only ask for the strength to hold on.

Last edited:

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This year has been hard on everyone, I know, so, I'm not special in asking for help in this way. I work from home commissioning my services as a copy editor and writing blog articles for several blogs. My mother works at a grocery store and gets ok hours with it. We live together and I help support her. We're behind on electric and phone bills and it's basically just playing catch up each week.

This past August, I had a crisis of faith and left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(LDS/Mormon) which is a cult that worships false prophets and a corporate entity that seeks to extort money from members by exploiting their faith. I came out of my search for truth still believing in Christ as my Lord and Saviour but sometimes it's hard. I was born and raised in that church and it uses a lot of guilt to control its members. So, occasionally, as my mother and I suffer these financial troubles, in the back of my head, I start to doubt leaving the cult. Like, these trials we're going through are because I was not faithful and obedient.

Occasionally, in searching for truth about the LDS faith(stuff they never talked about and never told me while I was a member) I am plagued with doubts about Jesus Christ and the Bible itself. I know I've had experiences, very personal and spiritual experiences where God has touched my life. So, these moments of doubt don't usually last long. But I also feel like the hardships right now are a test of my faith in Christ.

I pray a lot for myself and my mother. I read the scriptures and feel comforted by the warmth and knowledge of God's love. When it comes time to pay the bills, it feels shaky. Like I'm gripping this mustard seed with all my strength but my hand starts to ache.

I ask for prayers for prosperity, for help, for a small boon, for grace. I ask for prayers of strength, that the Lord's will be done. That whatever He has planned for me right now, that I'm able to hold fast to my love for my Saviour. Most of the time, during trials and struggles, it is hard to see what God intends or what He's doing. But after, if you look with the spirit, you can see the way His hand moved mountains for you.

I know I might not see it right now, but with my heart broken from a previous faith, I only ask for the strength to hold on.

When you pray for help continue on as if it's already happened. That kind of faith is hard but you must have no doubts and trust in God. Also ask what you can do for him. We sometimes forget that it's not a one way street. OK I shouldn't say we, "I sometimes forget it's not a one way street."

• Useful
Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Mark 4:35 As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.”

• 36 So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed).

• 37 But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water.

• 38 Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?”

• 39 When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. 40 Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”

• 41 The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”
Hrairoo, the world is a dark and cold place.

• What would you say to having a nice bed to lay in with warmth covers you while you are sleeping, and still being in and underneath a roof of a house with your mother?

If you find that comforting, lets look towards being thankful, cause it could be on streets and in a worse territory.

• Jesus Christ cares about us, enough to stop the storm that disciples were which began to take over the ship, in which the Lord was asleep.

Why was he sleeping so peacefully, during all this struggle? Because of his trust in God.

@Hrairoo , it understandable about the daily grind of trying to stay ahead on bills, and it is so great you have your mother that if I may assume loves you very much, so does God.

• Coming out of the LDS, has been hard, and God is the one who pulled you out so you can have more freedom in your life, and some things take effort on our part to make ends meet, and God allows oppertunites to rise for us if we trust in Him.

Be blessed, by grace, peace, love, and mercy friend by God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ friend!

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One more scripture for you:

Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Ask God this. To help you not be afraid, and look at your life, and find all the good in it that He has blessed you with.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you all who have posted. Just reading your words and solutions has helped me feel peace. I realize that my attitude could change, especially when asking God for things. And giving is good advice as well to help me feel peace and stop me worrying so much about my doubts. Thank you for the scriptures also. It means a lot to have His word as guidance.

• Friendly
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray for Hrairoo. See him and his mom through these days. Provide for their needs. Give more work opportunities. That he'd know your always there through all the ups and downs of life. In Jesus name, Amen

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. [Jas 1:17 NIV]

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, help him to believe in Your promises that both he and his mom will get a break somewhere so they can catch up on their utility bills and be able to meet the payments each month without a struggle. Grant him strength and peace and provision for both he and his mom. " Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers." 3 John1:2, In Jesus Name, so be it, Amen

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel so blessed right now.

Thank you all so much for offering these prayers. I took the advice offered here and allowed faith to imbue me, to the point where I completely forgot about this thread. I said my prayers of gratitude, asking for strength to endure and walked through my days with the assurance that God loves me. Every day, I read the New Testament about Christ's ministry, and every day I walk my country road near my home with my little partner, Colby, and I feel a bursting in my heart of gratitude for the beautiful world He made for us.

Today, my mother called me an hour into her shift at the grocery store, crying. I was alarmed at first but as she told her story, the good news revealed itself. She has gotten a Full-time position with the store, which means more hours and more stability. I have not yet seen the fruits of this but this is the boon we were looking for. I just wanted to take a moment to express my love for Jesus Christ and for the love and faith shown by the members here.

• Winner
Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums