Gold Coast
✟9,829.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Liberals
This story may be long, but I really need to write it down....

My mum recently adopted this stray cat that used to come over to my house everyday to eat......
She wasn't going to adopt him since we already have a cat and this cat doesn't like any other cat and wouldn't get along well with any cats...
But this stray cat came back one day with injured foot and my mum got worried...so she took him to the animal ware-fare vet... she was hoping that someone can adopt him after the surgery... the vet told her that, the cat need to have a surgery...the vet also told her that this cat may have aids...
The vet said that they would do aids check before doing operation... but then they did the surgery before checking for aids...
Animal ware-fare people said that no one can adopt an animal with aids and they will have to put down the animal with aids...
My mum paid $500+ for this cat's surgery and found out that he has aids... so my mum now have to adopt this cat because she doesn't want to put this cat down.
We took my cat to the vet to see if he has aids or not since he has been running around outside, but we found out that he has no aids... so now my mum have to pay so much money to give my cat injections to prevent aids...
She isn't financially secure so she works 2 jobs with less hours and less pay...

My mum has always been a good person and I just feel so bad for her all the time...
I know she's going through so many tough things at the moment and really tired because she kept on calling me for help... I would love to help her out but I live in the different state as her and it's hard to go and see her and help her out....
I would really appreciate if you could pray for my mum and this cat...

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really feel for your mom. She was a good samaritan with a big heart.

Did she sign any papers for this surgery?
Father God, have mercy on this caring woman who tried to do the right thing and now has a steep bill to pay. LORD, if she must pay it I ask that You will give her the resources to come up with the money to pay the bill. Father God, grant compassion to the Vet who knew the cat was stray but went ahead with the operation without checking for Aids. I pray for the cat's life and health and ask You to bless this situation all the way around, In Jesus Name, Amen

P.s. try to find out on line how necessary these regular preventative shots are? Sometimes vets will recommend their services but they aren't always urgent?
They may be, but it doesn't hurt to check?

Upvote 0

saki

Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Gold Coast
✟9,829.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Liberals
Thank you so very much for praying, I really do appreciate so so much.

In a way, my mum didn't have any choice to keep this cat because the cat already had a surgery and she didn't want to put him down just because he has aids... but it would of been better if the vet found out that he has aids before the surgery...
Mum just struggling a lot now because the stray cat isn't used to being inside all the time and not used to the house... and financially...
I don't understand why the vet did the surgery before checking the aids... they were going to call before doing the surgery because they told us that they'll check for the aids and then do the surgery if my mum agrees, but then they never called and did the surgery and when mum went to the vet, they said that the surgery is complete but never tested the aids... and mum got a bit angry/upset that they didn't do the aids check first... and found out that he has aids in the end...

We did re-search online about this injection to prevent aids...
My cat have to have injections every month or something and after doing that, he'll only have to get 1 injection per year or something... hope this will work on him tho...
But I don't think it is 100% cover so he might catch the aids?
This injection will cost a lot too...
This isn't really fair for my mum or to my cat, but we can't really do much about it...
We just want to do the right thing by keeping this cat alive and healthy.
If I was her, I would definitely do the same thing, but these days pets are expensive to keep... so I just feel really sorry for my mum since she has gone through so many tough things in her life...yet she like to help out other things...

Upvote 0

RosemaryChildAtHeart

Mar 9, 2007
✟8,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God bless her heart. Lord Jesus please bless this woman and enable her to take care of both herself and the cat that you have entrusted in her arms. Lord Jesus please provide financial resources to help take care of this cat. Thank You for listening to our prayers. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

sekir

Senior Veteran
Oct 30, 2007
India
✟22,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou Lord for you working in the hearts of people..Lord we pray for this family and their pets..Lord please bless them and help them experience your abundance grace and love during this time of needs and strain .Lord we give this into your hand in Jesus name
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums