Boston
✟15,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I divorced my husband of 9 years due to a number of issues and having a hard time adjusting and dealing with the feelings, and emotions that have come along with the divorce. I've tried to get to a better place spiritually, mentally, and emotionally but still dealing with anger, frustration, resentment, and anxiety. We have children together and he hasn't spent or made an effort to be with them. We have been in and out of court and that alone has built up frustration and anger on both parts. I have a great support system, as well as my Pastor who's tried helping me through this time, but I think reaching out and speaking with others that have dealt with divorce would be good as well. Unfortunately, depression, anxiety, and holding on to the past has slowed my healing process. I'm trying to get to a peaceful space, but is very hard without the tools to help me with my anxiety, anger, and what I felt cheated with when it comes to a happy marriage. All that I scarified during this marriage just to look at a man that I share 3 children with, together for 9 years, and thought was my best friend. Though I'm the one that divorced him, I felt I did what was best for me at the time. But I'm seeing the aftermath is far more worse then the problems we encountered when we were married. My ex husband has turned very cold, and there is absolutely no communication between us.

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father I pray that people would come to learn to put You first instead of themselves first, Matthew 6:33. When we put ourselves first, it will always come out less than what would have been best. I pray people will seek to solve their real problems, rather than just pray the results of those problems go away. I pray people will read Your Word and learn Your will regarding the issues of life (divorce just being one, Malachi 2:16; Mark 10:6-9), and then live in obedience rather than living in disobedience and then praying for You to remove the resulting effects that You didn't want for them in the first place. I pray people will give up their notions of a "feel good according to the standards of the world" and really learn the truth of how You would have people live and what are the results of obedience and disobedience. May they learn that it is not to late to repent, and to have Your blessings in spite of the truth that they may have to live with the results of some of their past sins and errors. Amen.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I divorced my husband of 9 years due to a number of issues and having a hard time adjusting and dealing with the feelings, and emotions that have come along with the divorce. I've tried to get to a better place spiritually, mentally, and emotionally but still dealing with anger, frustration, resentment, and anxiety. We have children together and he hasn't spent or made an effort to be with them. We have been in and out of court and that alone has built up frustration and anger on both parts. I have a great support system, as well as my Pastor who's tried helping me through this time, but I think reaching out and speaking with others that have dealt with divorce would be good as well. Unfortunately, depression, anxiety, and holding on to the past has slowed my healing process. I'm trying to get to a peaceful space, but is very hard without the tools to help me with my anxiety, anger, and what I felt cheated with when it comes to a happy marriage. All that I scarified during this marriage just to look at a man that I share 3 children with, together for 9 years, and thought was my best friend. Though I'm the one that divorced him, I felt I did what was best for me at the time. But I'm seeing the aftermath is far more worse then the problems we encountered when we were married. My ex husband has turned very cold, and there is absolutely no communication between us.
Would he be willing in any way to reconcile? Would you? Is this something that either of you would be able or willing to work towards restoring, for you both and for your kids?

Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0