Prayer and testimony of faith...Healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our valley, feels like it is getting so much longer. My brother finished his radiation  3 weeks ago, and he is at my moms for a 3 week visit, before he goes back to Maryland, to begin Chemo.

He has fallen into a deep depression. He feels he is getting worse instead of better. He is more swollen then ever, his eyesight is worse, his balance is really off, his clothes don't fit, and worse then anything, is the deafening silence. He doesn't say anything. The last two days that I was there, he layed in bed, in a dark room, staring at the ceiling.

I don't know what to say to him anymore. I don't know what to say! I've said it all?! There is nothing I can do, any of us, to make him feel better.

I don't think my brother knows how to pray anymore. He can't. The lies of the enemy are consuming him, and he's falling for them! He's finally allowing himself to say,"what if?" What if I have to leave my little Ashley, what if at 27 years old, my life is over?" Being around him, you FEEL his pain, it literally hits you, and I don't know if I can do it right now, anymore. Yesterday, my mom clung to me, after a moment where Rocky was angry, and went into his room, and slammed the door( he had agreed to go to church with my mom, and then his dress shirt wouldn't fit, and once again he got angry and then said he wasn't going)my mom, wept and clung to me so tightly, and said, "I was a much better prayer warrior for my son, when I didn't have to see him suffer everyday and night."

I couldn't wait to come home. The guilt for feeling that way was too much, and finally I got down on my knees and I cried out to God, yelled at him, asking him," why? why my brother? Why my mothers son, why my family?" God answered me right away, with "why not?" (In Acts, Peter tells us, that God isn't a respecter of persons) He loves us all the same, good, bad, rich, poor, no sin is unforgivable to Him and no one deserves to be sick. He died on the cross to save us all, and he took 30 stripes to heal us.

For all of you who are sick and who have sick ones that you are praying for a miracle, for Gods divine healing touch, in my research and my studying on healing, these are a few things I came up with and I want to share them with you. My question that started this study was" does healing really still happen today, and if so, why and if not, why not? God revealed to me, that people of today, are not the same as people of the Old and New testament. When I pray for a miracle, am I praying because the Bible tells me I can, or am I praying it because I BELIEVE MY GOD CAN DO IT? Why do I NOT SEE THEM?

I don't believe we have enough faith, God tells us to speak words of LIFE, not DEATH. Words of Healing , not affliction. SPEAK THEM AS WE SEE THEM, not you WILL be healed, YOU ARE HEALED. Not if the doctors find it has shrunk, but WHEN the doctors find it has shrunk...but see, if I can believe that, then why can't I just say" WHAT tumor?" Why can't I bring myself, to claim there will be NO TUMOR. Because as one of "ye of little faith"  I'm afraid to ask for something TOO big?! There  is NOTHING to big for God! NOTHING!!!!! The human side of me, who has faced disappoinments, in prayers gone as what I think unanswered, and been let down so many times, by the world, I'm afraid. What if I claim it, what if I truly believe, and it isn't, then what? I know, we have the ability to be so much in Christ, why do we have such little faith? the inabilty to follow through? To see it, not just claim it? SO...God is working on me with this, and these are some of the things he has given me...Main thing he has said to me...I am the SAME, you are the ones who are different...Godbless you all!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yea
and forever.  He IS the same...

Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the
tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto
righteousness;<B> by whose stripes ye were healed ...</B>ARE HEALED.....the same yesterday, and today. The SAME

Psalms 103:3
Who forgives all thine iniquities; who heals all thy
diseases;...&nbsp; FORGIVES&nbsp;as in present tense, and HEALS as in present tense...the SAME yesterday and TODAY&nbsp;

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was
bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our
peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed... He WAS wounded...yesterday...we ARE healed...TODAY! The SAME yesterday and today...

III John 2
Beloved, I pray that in all things thou may prosper
and be in health, even as thy soul prospers.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thou may prosper...today, BE in HEALTH...not were. and was BE...TODAY! The same today and yesterday. Prosper<B>S...not prospered...PROSPERS! </B>Today! He is the same, I believe it with all my heart, today and yesterday, tomorrow and forever!

BY MY STRIPES YOU ARE HEALED

Please prayer for me and my family as we go through this time. Pray as the spirit woudl lead. Godbless you all.

Neeter

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Oct 25, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and your family are in my prayers.

In January of this year, I went to the Doctor with my dad, got the news he would live 3 -5 months..
He had cancer that spread so fast, it was all through his body.. My mother is in a wheel chair and dad always took care of her. I took some time off work and went home to stay with them and take care of mom, and help him out where I could. He was always an independent person. Didn't need help or ask for it.
It was such a blessing the time I got to spend with him, and talk to him.
When we got the news from the doctor, the first thing I said to dad after the doctor left the room, "if you haven't accepted Christ you better be doing it now, not only will He help you through this, but you will be with Him for ever." Then on the way home I asked dad if he had accept Jesus as his savior, and he said yes, a long time ago..

The day he died, I leaned down and whispered in his ear and told him he could go home, everything would be taken care of here. It was about 20 minuets latter that he died, at home with his family.

Can you read from God's word to your brother? I think that would bring him comfort.

Take care of yourself.
Love in Christ,
Nita

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lori,

Rocky is surely still in my prayers. Something that I find comforting is that in says in Romans 8:26-27 that "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

I believe that even though Rocky may not be saying the words, the Holy Spirit within him is. And he certainly has not only family and friends praying for him but brothers and sisters in Christ here who are praying for him.

God bless you and your family Lori!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carmen

Aug 25, 2002
n.z
Visit site
✟1,462.00
The first testimony I would like to share is my husbands. He had cancer on his temple. It bleed for two years. He had terrible headaches. He stood on the word for two years. Every day he would look in the mirror. And not look at the circumstances and say by his stripes I am healed.
He was pray for by a evangelist on the radio and God touch him and healed him.

The next is only 3 months ago a man we know had cancer God healed him with a count of 2,500 back down to 2.8

God still heals today. Don't worry about not having enough faith.
For every man is given a measure of faith. Continue to stand on the word.

Jesus will meet you where you are trust in the name of Jesus
Will be praying for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.