the moon
✟15,229.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow quite an arguement you people are having here.

Its very simple really. There is absolutely no reason why we should pray to ANYONE ELSE besides Jesus because the Scriptures say very clearly more than once that he is our mediator:
1 Timothy 2:5 (New International Version)

5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

MEDIATOR:
  1. One that mediates, especially one that reconciles differences between disputants.
I have respect for all past saints, but if God would have wanted us to pray to them than why mention Jesus as our ONLY mediator?

And if you choose to use them as your mediator I can assure you 2 things:
1. your prayers are not being heard by them
2. you are stripping Jesus of his duty

Yes, a mediator is the one who goes between God and man.

Does this mean that we do not ask others to mediate for us in praying with us and for us, to God? Of course not.

Those who are made perfect in heaven are no less a part of the Body of Christ, so why would you ask someone still sinning on this earth to pray for you and with you, yet not ask someone who is glorified and in heaven to pray with you and for you?

Ir makes no sense whatsoever.

Those who are IN Christ are part of Christ,a nd therefore because Jesus is our one mediator, those who are part of Him and His body, are no less mediators with and in Him.

Not seperate from Jesus means that we too mediate with and in Him.

period.

peace, papist

Upvote 0

djmctico18

May 4, 2009
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, a mediator is the one who goes between God and man.

Does this mean that we do not ask others to mediate for us in praying with us and for us, to God? Of course not.

Those who are made perfect in heaven are no less a part of the Body of Christ, so why would you ask someone still sinning on this earth to pray for you and with you, yet not ask someone who is glorified and in heaven to pray with you and for you?

Ir makes no sense whatsoever.

Those who are IN Christ are part of Christ,a nd therefore because Jesus is our one mediator, those who are part of Him and His body, are no less mediators with and in Him.

Not seperate from Jesus means that we too mediate with and in Him.

period.

peace, papist

Ok, now support your all you said with Scripture.

You missed the part where it sais He is the ONLY ONE. No other in heaven. He is the only GLORIFIED mediator.

Upvote 0

bunnydrop

Apr 12, 2009
uk
✟15,759.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
To me when i ask for the Saints or Mary to pray with/for me,its the same to me as group prayer.They are helping me,supporting me,only.I do not worship them,They ARE NOT MY God.I trust my faith enough an prayers to go it alone,but i choose to have help when i can.Im not praying to dead pepole,as they have eternal life in my mind an are alive with Christ in heaven.Simple to me.I can honestly say it has helped me more than hindered me.x

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.