• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Pray for Me!!!

Discussion in 'Serious Stuff' started by jdog4god, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jdog4god

jdog4god Jdog4God

+2
    Christian
    Single
    I'm a 17 yr old guy and i've been struggling with a very difficult issue. I've been trying to deal with it alone for the past couple yrs but now i need reinforcement. Ever since i was in jr. high i've been struggling with attraction to guys. I have never acted out on these thoughts or have done anything, so i'm not gay. I choose not to live that kind of lifestyle, but this struggle is really interfering with my life. I want a girl friend, but dont know if i can give her all that i have to give. This struggle has really brought me closer to God, we have an awesome bond. I just want prayer that this would go away and i can live my life without this constant burden. Please pray that i overcome this struggle.

Thanks for reading, any prayer is appreciated.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. judechild

judechild Catholic Socratic

+165
    Catholic
    I will certainly pray for you, jdog. :) Speaking from a catholic's perspective, though, I will say that to have deep-seated same-sex attraction is not itself sinful. Celebacy may be your calling; but don't be afraid.

3. HarborOrange

HarborOrange I am a sieve.

+80
    Other Religion
    Private
    I'll pray for you, definitely. Everyone has their own sin to bear, and some are harder to resist than others. Just stay strong, stay faithful, and I'm certain you'll pull through.
    G-d bless.

4. jdog4god

jdog4god Jdog4God

+2
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks, you dont know how good it feels to know that i am not alone anymore. That there are other people out there praying for me.

5. Kixa

Kixa :Possession of God:

+14
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have a friend who struggled with something similar...I will be praying for you!

6. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,748
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    okay :) i prayed.

7. WhereIsReligion

WhereIsReligion Newbie

+1
    Atheist
    Single
    CA-Liberals
    jdog. Well, most gays say they were born that way, so maybe you are indeed born that way or just a heterosexual with homosexual tendency's I don't know.
    But what I do know is that being gay is not wrong, and if the bible says it is well, the bible also say that you should kill your neighbor if he works on Sunday, women should be silent in church, etc. So yeah, it isn't a big deal. Maybe you should meditate on it.

8. JDoc

JDoc Newbie

+4
    Catholic
    Single
    Praying...

9. Chilaha

Chilaha Newbie

+197
    Non-Denom
    Praying.

10. Girder of Loins

Girder of Loins Future Math Teacher

+109
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I used to struggle with this too. I'll be praying you don't slip like I did!

11. shikyoblossom

shikyoblossom Newbie

+1
    Christian
    Single
    Prayin