Praise God! My car is finally getting fixed!

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know this might seem silly but I simply felt the need to praise God because my prayers are finally being answered about my car. See, I am unemployed and so I can't afford to get my car that my Grandparent's bought me fixed. It has major oil leak problems. It leaks about 2 quarts of oil a week. This car only takes 4 quarts. It's a 1998 Plymouth Neon. We found out about the oil leak problem approximately 2 years ago. I remember it was in December that we found out about the oil leak which was only about 2 months after my Grandparents bought it. I got the car in October of 2002. It wasn't until December of 2002 that we found out about the oil leak. We checked the oil and suddenly found out that there was absolutely no oil in the car at all! :doh:I am still thankful to God that the engine in the car didn't blow up! Who knows how long it had the oil leak before we found it. Since then it was leaking about 1 quart every 2-3 weeks. The leak gradually got worse until about a month ago it started leaking 2 quarts of oil every week. I have to check the oil every 2 or 3 days to make sure that it hasn't leaked it all out.

My Dad was supposed to fix it all this Summer but he never got around to it. Actually it was Troy, my Dad's girlfriend's son, who was supposed to fix it but he lives about 100 miles away and doesn't come down much. The one time that he did come down and was going to fix it, we couldn't because the parts store didn't have the parts we needed in stock. Thinking back, I am almost thankful that they didn't fix it because we honestly didn't know what all was wrong with it. We thought it was the oil pan gasket and the valve cover gasket that was leaking but it could be much worse than that considering how much it leaks. Now, my Grandparents scheduled it to go to the Chrysler shop next Tuesday and they are going to look at it and hopefully fix it. So I am glad that we are going to have qualified mechanics fixing my car. I was so afraid that the engine was going to blow up because sometimes it ticks even when it has all 4 quarts of oil in it. I have a feeling that they'll have to rebuild the whole engine.

Everyone is telling us that it'll probably cost a fortune to fix. We already spent like $1,600 on the car last October to get the transmission fixed because the transmission went out on it. I hated that because I had to go about an entire month without my car. They had problems getting parts for it and such. The transmission hasn't given me problems since then thank God!

But anyway, I just wanted to post this and let everyone know that I'm finally getting my car fixed! :D A few people around here already know about my car problems because I have told them. Please pray that everything goes well and that I won't be without my car for very long. :prayer: Thanks!

God Bless,
Holly :wave:

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My car is in the shop right now and I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow! :clap: The mechanics at the shop called earlier and told us that the head gasket had gone bad and that was the main problem. The oil pan gasket might also be bad but they won't know until after they have the engine taken apart to fix the head gasket. It's going to cost about $700 to fix. Thank God I get it back tomorrow! :clap:

Upvote 0