Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Greetings from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! I hope all is well. To start, I am a natural powerlifter, meaning i do not use drugs at any point in my training. I am not competitive and don't plan on becoming a competitive powerlifter. My goal is to honor God by making my body stronger and leaner (see 1 Corinthians 6:19-20). I always was always on the heavy side and realized that I wasn't respecting my body by eating junk food and not exercising. Here I am a year in to a new health and wellness program and I have lost 30 pounds and gained muscle. Since then, my sight has always been on the cross and on honoring the lord above. Unlike many other powerlifters, focus on how they look , my focus has always been on godly living and physical conditioning. Does anybody else enjoy weightlifting (generally speaking)? If so, feel free to share your methods.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! I hope all is well. To start, I am a natural powerlifter, meaning i do not use drugs at any point in my training. I am not competitive and don't plan on becoming a competitive powerlifter. My goal is to honor God by making my body stronger and leaner (see 1 Corinthians 6:19-20). I always was always on the heavy side and realized that I wasn't respecting my body by eating junk food and not exercising. Here I am a year in to a new health and wellness program and I have lost 30 pounds and gained muscle. Since then, my sight has always been on the cross and on honoring the lord above. Unlike many other powerlifters, focus on how they look , my focus has always been on godly living and physical conditioning. Does anybody else enjoy weightlifting (generally speaking)? If so, feel free to share your methods.
I have a 10 unit home gym circuit that I use 3 days a week with 2 days off on Saturday and Sunday. I also have a treadmill I use 6 days a week for aerobics. But every day begins with bible study and praise.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does anybody else enjoy weightlifting (generally speaking)? If so, feel free to share your methods.

I agree with you completely in regards to taking care of the physical body God gave us.

I'm into body weight training - pull-ups, push-ups, dips, rope climb, handstand push-ups, etc. I sometimes use a weight vest along with those exercises as well as ankle weights to add resistance. I also use dumbbells occasionally to augment my training.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I started Crossfit at the age of 66 and did it for around three years. Then the gym closed down, and I joined another gym where I do basic mobility and aerobic fitness activities. My daughter is a power-lifter and got me involved. She encouraged me to participate in competitions, and I did two. It was a good achievement, and was great for father-daughter bonding. Unfortunately late last year I strained my knee doing back-squats, so decided to give up the power lifting, but to carry on with the basic fitness and mobility at my present gym.

Upvote 0

ms.smith

Apr 1, 2019
Arkansas
✟22,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a powerlifter, but I lift regularly. I recently finished a 9-month comprehensive program that ended the last phase with a strength routine, where I increased my lifts to an intermediate level.

I've switched focus to a hypertrophy based routine for the next 9 weeks (12-week program, 3 weeks in), as well as eating better to lose a few more pounds. I lift 4 days a week.

I think I'll run a strength based routine again when I finish this one, I enjoy lifting heavy.

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0