Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I once was lost, but now I'm found was blind but now I see." - powerful testimony

"Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me" - powerful testimony

""Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar." - Powerful testimony

We all have at least one! It's that moment where we are naked before Him and He clothes us. No one can ever know salvation without first knowing they are a sinner. Only a sinner has need for salvation.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A few years ago I lost a hubcap off my truck.

Retired and the first year we traveled to Montana with the fifth wheel. Stayed in an RV Park there.

While I was there kept noticing that missing hubcap. So prayed the prayer of faith believing I received it. Didn't pray for it again, but I thanked God when ever I thought about it or saw the wheel with the missing hubcap.

About three weeks or so after I prayed some of the guys there at the park stopped by and told me they had been riding four wheels up in the mountains and found a hubcap that belonged to a Dodge truck. They had noticed mine was missing and wondered if I wanted it.

I said sure, thanked them and took the hubcap. I noticed it was for a Dodge but it was not exactly the same as mine. I put it on the truck and would continue to thank God for my hubcap whenever I thought about it or saw the wheel with the wrong hubcap.

About a week later a guy stopped by and said he was talking to his friends, the ones who had brought me the hubcap, and they told him about the hubcap they had found and had given to me.

He said that he had found a hubcap that was like mine and the one I had was like his. Wanted to know if I would like to trade.

I said sure, took the hubcap off my truck, gave it to him, he gave me the hubcap that matched my truck. I put the hubcap on smiling all the time.

Knowing the little things God will do for us shows His great Love for us.

Reactions: Child of JC
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About 2 years ago, there was a 5% pay cut at work. That's not the testimony. ;)

Because of that pay cut, I qualified for some help from LIHEAP (low income heating energy assistance program). They paid $300 toward my natural gas bill. They also said that I should apply for something called "weatherization", which was another program to help moderate-low income families to weatherize their house. They told me it would be 2-3 years before anything happened, because the waiting list was so long.

Then, not quite 8 months later, they called us, and said (for some reason) we had been moved to the top of the list, and they were ready to come evaluate our home. They determined that we needed a new furnace (to replace our 75+ year old furnace) and they were going to also blow in insulation in all of our exterior walls, give us a new refrigerator, as well as doing some weatherstripping around doors and windows and other miscellaneous tasks. Not only was getting all of this at no cost to us a tremendous blessing, our heating bill is now nearly 1/3 of what it was prior to all of that!

Oh, but that's not all. We also had an old, leaky, slate roof, and no money to do anything about it. Every time it rained or snowed, we had to run to our daughter's bedroom and make sure we had a bucket ready. But we believed, somehow, that God would show us what we needed to do to get it taken care of.

My brother works in the town government building, and he told us about a government grant program where you can get money to fix up your home. So, we applied.

Long story short, we qualified! Not only did they put a new 30-year warrantied roof on our house, they also replaced all 16 windows in my house with new, vinyl, insulated windows, they gave me a new front and back door, they built me a brand new deck on the back of the house, they put glass block windows in my basement, they upgraded my breaker box to code, they installed GFCI outlets, they installed a whole house fire alarm system, they completely repaired my front porch and vinyl sided over all exposed wood with peeling paint, and they completely remodeled my bathroom.

Not only that, they paid for me, my wife and my 2 kids to stay in a hotel for 15 days while they did all the work and paid for all of our expenses for those 2 weeks while we were out of the house.

In short, this old house (175+ years old) has had nearly $35,000 worth of home improvement done to it in the last year, all at no cost to us! Praise God!

And to think, it all started with a pay cut...

:cool:

Upvote 0

Child of JC

Created to Love, and be Loved
Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 answers? Seriously? We have a whole forum of discussions ABOUT God, and only 2 can testify about Him actually working in our lives?
If I would have asked for teachings about His Power this thread would be filled right up.
A teaching is Nothing if it doesn't lead you anywhere.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You call those testimonies?

A guy gets help from the government, which helps unbelievers and believers, even helps those that are ripping off the government, it's one of those things that I mock Christians about "The government is living more like Christ than Christians!!!"

And a guy who got his hubcap back....wow. I can hardly contain my excitement. :yawn:

This week I had some warts trying to grow on me, I prayed for them to die and they did.

A couple of weeks ago I had constant sinus pressure for a week.
I took some medicine for it, but nothing happened. I prayed for it to go away one night, I woke up the next day it was gone.

I remember the first time I prayed for a healing for myself. I woke up with a full blown fever. High temp, aches and pains, coughing, runny nose.
No way I could go to work like that, I was mad.
But then I thought "HEY, what about that teaching I heard about healing!!!"
So I commanded a healing, and INSTANTLY all symptoms left.

My manager had leg pains off and on, not sure from what.
You could see that she was in obvious pain. So I didn't even ask her, I just laid my hands on her and commanded a healing in her legs........then I took off for another room, thinking "Oh man, she's going to think I'm weird." or something like that.
She came to me a few minutes later and said "What did you do??? The pain is gone!".
Then we talked about God and it turns out she was an ex-chatholic who was recently born again, and listening to Charles Stanly on the radio regularly.

I was at church and this volunteer was suffering some kind of nerve pain all over her body.
The doctors didn't know what it was, and the pain medication they prescribed didn't work for her.
She was constantly moving around trying to find relief, and she missed many days from work from it.
I asked her if she wanted to be healed, she said she didn't believe it that.
I said, what do you have to lose?
She let me, it took a about 5 to 10 seconds, and then I asked her "Well, how do you feel?"
She said "Hold on..." with a puzzled look on her face.
I said "Give me a percentage"
She said the pain is gone but in her leg it still hurt, I prayed for her leg.
She said "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!"
The pain was fully gone, never came back, and she was dancing around the room.

I could go on and on.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I first made a decision to believed God for healing immediately my back went out.

Got the usual bad news from the doctors. You won't be able to work consistently anymore, your back can go out at anytime, you can't do much anymore, etc.,.

Well I did the prayer of faith and within two days I was back at work. Had a couple of attacks over the years during which I never missed another day of work, rode dirt bikes did what ever I wanted to.

God's healing power is available for all who will receive it.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the last couple hours, I was given the opportunity to pray for a friend back home, suddenly hospitalized this morning in critical care.

I also went to Staples to get copies of my mother's obituary made and laminated. The manager who was handling my order, handed them to me and stated, "they're on me", which was a really kind thing for him to do.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 answers? Seriously? We have a whole forum of discussions ABOUT God, and only 2 can testify about Him actually working in our lives?
If I would have asked for teachings about His Power this thread would be filled right up.
A teaching is Nothing if it doesn't lead you anywhere.

I could post so many more testimonies of God working in my life in many different ways, but when testimonies are ridiculed like they were in an earlier post, I tend to want to keep those pearls to myself so that they are not trampled.

It's not your fault. I appreciate the thread and the opportunity to share, but when you've got a fool (sorry, it's the only term that really fits) that is yawning at other people's testimonies, it's not exactly conducive to sharing what God has done for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Child of JC

Created to Love, and be Loved
Dec 31, 2004
Northern Ontario
Visit site
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awww, please don't let one man's yawn hold you back from testifying. Let it Shine!! I don't need huge miracles to recognize the hand of God, and I'm thinking others are the same. We're not all going to trample on your pearls.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Awww, please don't let one man's yawn hold you back from testifying. Let it Shine!! I don't need huge miracles to recognize the hand of God, and I'm thinking others are the same. We're not all going to trample on your pearls.

You're right. I should know better. ;)

I'll testify more later.

Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I thought your hubcap testimony was cool. It's nothing for God to restore an amutated arm as it is to provide a missing hubcap. It shows how just involved He is in every aspect of our lives. The flashy testimonies are awe inspiring but the hubcap testimonies are spiritual comfort food for me.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A testimony of how obedience to God's voice brings results...

One evening shortly after my son was born, he was not feeling well. He was probably only 6-8 months old, and he had a fairly high fever and a bad cough. That evening, my wife put him to bed a little earlier than usual, and then she came downstairs. As I was about to settle in for the evening and watch some TV with my wife, I heard God speak to me; "Go pray for your son." But I didn't move. I rationalized that my wife had already prayed for my son, and he was in bed, and I was all nice and cozy on the couch... again, I heard God say, "Go pray for your son." And still I didn't move. I came up with even more reasons why I didn't need to. Still a third time, God spoke to me and said "Go pray for your son." So I said, "Fine." I told my wife I had something I needed to do and I'd be right back.

So, rather unwillingly, I went upstairs to my son's room and picked him up out of his crib. He was crying quietly, and when I picked him up, he was very warm. So I prayed for him as God had told me to do 3 times. Immediately I could feel my son's temperature dropping. Within a matter of seconds, his temperature had returned to normal, his cough had completely gone, and he was peacefully sleeping in my arms.

I put him in his crib, began to cry, and repented for my disobedience. As I did, I could feel God picking me back up again and saying, "Now you see how important it is to move when I speak to you."

Since then, I've gotten much better at responding when God tells me to move. I'm still not perfect by a long shot, but any time I think about making an excuse for not obeying God's voice, I remember that night when God instantly healed my son because I obeyed His voice.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A testimony of how God sometimes does things for us, just because He Loves us...

Last year, my lovely wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We didn't really have any extra money to do anything special, but I wanted to do something for her. So one afternoon after work, I was up in our bedroom alone, and I prayed. It went something like this;
Lord, you know we don't have any extra money, but I would really like to be able to do something with my wife to celebrate our 10-year anniversary. If You could make a way for us to do something, I would be very thankful.
To be quite honest with you, I just kinda threw this out there. I had absolutely no expectation or faith attached to what I said at all.

Not 6 hours later, I received a sizable and unexpected sum of money in my PayPal account. Another 4 hours after that, I received yet another sizable and unexpected sum of money in my PayPal account. As it would turn out, God spoke to some people we knew and told them to send us some money! I was... amazed.

When I told those people what had happened, they were honored to have been used by God in such a way. Because of those deposits, my wife and I were able to spend a very nice weekend away (at no cost to us), while my parents kept our kids. ;)

This taught me that sometimes, God just likes to bless His kids for the heck of it, simply because He's our Dad and He Loves us.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have a lot of extraordinary testimonies, I tell people to not be so selfish and live like Jesus, and some one calls me a fool???
People hate that message, "Live like Jesus" ......nooo, I can't live like that......it's soooo boring....and my flesh doesn't want to here that....I love my TV, I love my air conditioning.....I don't care about strangers dieing, what's that to me???

A teenager was in a T-bone accident after receiving her license, she pulled out in front of a king cab truck. The doctors said she had no chance, call in the family to say their good byes.
I heard about it, went down there and prayed for her.
About a month later she walked out of that hospital.
It was such a big deal that it made the newspaper, a huge full page article, and the doctors called it a "miracle".

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A testimony of how God moves on our behalf, even when the deck is stacked against us...

Back in 1999, just after my wife and I were married, we began looking for a place to live. We had attempted to buy my sister's old house (because she moved), but a series of events happened that caused that deal to fall through and left us with no place to live. Thankfully, my parents were willing to take us in while we searched for another place to go.

I was 21, my wife was 19. We had no money saved, and I was making $10/hour, barely making it from paycheck to paycheck. So naturally, we thought that a house was out of reach for us. So we began our apartment hunt, found a few places we liked, and were denied because we were unable to come up with 2 months rent and a security deposit.

So, we started to save up the money that we needed to be able to get the apartment, and of course, our car broke down and swallowed up all we had managed to save.

In the meantime, just for fun, we started looking at houses. We had run across a real estate agent who was willing to show us houses, even though she knew full well that we would be unlikely to be able to buy a house for a while.

Then, she showed us our house. It was perfect for us. We both liked it, and we told her we wanted to make an offer. She told us it was customary to put $1,000 with your offer so that the seller would know you were serious. But we didn't have $1,000. All we could manage at the time was $250. The real estate agent said it was a long shot, but she presented the offer.

They accepted it!

However, back in 1999, the government budget was at a stand still, and they weren't allowing any more funding until they could finalize the budget. So, we made the offer in August. 30 days went by and we asked the seller for a 15-day extension, which was granted to us. We would have to do that 3 more times, which my real estate agent told me was unheard of.

Finally, one evening in November, we got a call. Apparently, there had been a lottery of sorts for people who were waiting for FHA financing, and we won! This meant that more than 3 months after we had made our offer, we were finally ready to close!

On December 15, 1999, my wife and I sat at the closing table for our fist home. I was 22, my wife was 19, and I had been employed for less than a year. Other things occurred that resulted in us getting a check at the closing table for nearly $600! I remember the closing agent saying, "This is really odd. I don't think I've ever given the buyer a check at closing before..." :D

After it was all said and done, we bought our house and ended up with a monthly payment about $100 less than what we would have paid had we gotten the apartment we wanted.

And here I sit, 11 years later and now only 11 years away from my final payment, reminded of how God made a way for us where it seemed like there was absolutely none.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a lot of extraordinary testimonies, I tell people to not be so selfish and live like Jesus, and some one calls me a fool???

To clear up any confusion, the reason I called you a fool is because you were yawning at and diminishing other people's testimonies, as if your testimonies are somehow better or more exciting.

That's foolish, and I make no apologies for saying so.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A testimony of how God sometimes requires our involvement to move on our behalf...

Back in 2005, things had gotten really bad for my wife and I and our son. My son was now 2 years old, and my wife had been home with him for 2 years. We had gone from a 2-income family of 2 to a 1-income family of 3. We were behind on everything and we had to choose which bills to pay and which ones to let slide each month. Bill collectors were calling us upwards of 15 times per day. I wondered each morning when I woke up when I flipped the light switch if there would be electricity, or if the bank was finally going to make good on their repo threats and our car would be gone in the morning.

When I say we had fallen behind on everything, I mean we were just 60 days away from foreclosure. The house that I believed God had provided for us was about to be taken from us. The notice had been mailed. No more negotiations; pay the $2,600 in full that you're behind or we're taking the house back. It seemed... hopeless.

I felt like a failure. My wife and my son were counting on me, and I couldn't provide anything for them. In the sea of my circumstances, I had lost all hope. I could see no way out.

Then I heard God speak to me. He said, "Say unto this mountain". But I didn't have the energy to do that. I was beat down and defeated. Thankfully, He spoke the same thing to my wife. One night, as I was having my own little pity party, my wife suddenly became uncharacteristically bold and said to me, STOP IT! Declare unto this mountain... when she said that, I knew God was speaking to me again through her.

So, with God's empowerment, I spoke to my circumstances. I told them to be removed and cast into the sea (I didn't know what else to say), and for the first time in almost 2 years, I finally felt a peace, that peace that passes all understanding, flood through me.

For the next 2 weeks, things didn't get any better. In fact, they got worse. But still, ever since I had spoken to my mountain, I felt this indescribable peace. I still had no idea what was going to happen, but I knew whatever happened, that God was still with us.

Then it happened. I was working late on a Monday night, and the VP of our department called me into his office and told me to shut the door. I had no idea what was about to happen. He told me to sit down. I'll never forget what he said next. He said, "Pete, I've been reviewing the annual salary budget, and I don't think we're paying you enough." I said the first thing that popped into my mind. "Neither do I!" :D

He then proceeded to give me the single largest raise I have ever received before or since. Not only that, he made my increase retroactive to the beginning of the fiscal year!

I remember rushing home, so excited to tell my wife about how God had provided us a way out! In conjunction with a generous financial gift from our church, in a matter of 3 weeks, God had completely turned around a situation more than 2 years in the making!

This taught me that sometimes, God requires our involvement. There was nothing magical about the words I spoke, but when God tells us to speak them, that's when there is power behind them.

I call those "suddenly" moments. Suddenly, everything changed for us, and I am so thankful to God that it did.

Upvote 0