one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 42:2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4 When I remember these (things), I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude,. I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and (why) art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him (for) the help of his countenance.

There are many days and nights that tears were my only friend but it always seems that He enters in and that is when I am the closest with him. When I remember these words and even though I am disquieted and I feel down, they tell me to "yet praise him.." and oh what a difference comes to my soul. He tells me to stand in faith with praise on my lips and bam he happens. What are your thoughts or experiences with this verse or these feelings?

Last edited:
Z

Zamora

Hi Jeffz!

I feel that maybe we are on the same page. I cry quite often. Possibly everyday. I see things much differently than most folks I think. It is because of personal experiences. God has taken me places I never thought I would go and I understand His heart which hurts greatly!

I have been rejected by a large part of my family. By large I mean probably in the high 90% range. It began out of me being very quiet about a family secret. I had been verbally abused for years by my sister who I lived with for many years. My mom knew it but we were the only ones.

I had a relationship abruptly end about 17 months ago. I never got real closure because the guy would not speak to me. Right before he dropped me he said something that just didn't fit. He said that I told him too much. He just wouldn't tell me what. To make a long story short I found I was betrayed in the relationship.

I reported to my sister my findings. She was married last November and moved about 1,500 miles away. I felt safe in me confronting her. Then her and her husband both said I had nothing. I never told her but the police and HP said she did something criminal!

We come from a family that are suppose to be "Christian" but not I see more of a religious group in them. I can count on one hand who cares for me in my family. I don't see that it feels my fingers up either. My dad had a large family of eight sisters and one brother. All of them had children except for one. My mom had three sisters and one brother. They all had children. I am older so the offspring of my aunts and uncles also had children. Now they cut me off! I do cry often!

I love God with all my heart but many people think they are in the boat. I don't see much love out there! I could tell you more but my heart hurts for our country and I cry out to God to please help! He will I know because I see through spiritual eyes and I am a survivor! Thanks for your post!

Zamora

Upvote 0

nayalife

Sep 7, 2011
Bangalore, India
✟7,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I had a huge problem with the whole concept of “praising God in the middle of sorrow.” I just couldn’t understand how I’m supposed to laugh, and wave my hands, and jump with joy.
Then someone explained to me that “Rejoicing in the Lord,” simply means an attitude of calm assurance that God is still with me, still loves me, and will still put things right, according to his will , one day.
So when I’m extremely low, I just whisper to myself, “5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him.” (Ps 42:5)

My praise is an “attitude of quiet trust,” which I’m slowly beginning to cultivate.

(But if praise is supposed to be all about dancing for joy with a big smile on my face, then I don’t have that! Moreover, I don’t think Jesus praised God in that way either, when John the Baptist got beheaded. There are occasions when loud, jubilant praise is impossible!)

Upvote 0