• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Potluck ideas

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by Alien007, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Alien007

Alien007 New Member

+15
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    What is your go to potluck dish ? Also if you had a ethnic potluck ( meaning a dish from your ethnic background ) what would you pick ?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,660
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    well ... are you looking for a main dish, or dessert or ????

3. Alien007

Alien007 New Member

+15
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Either

4. Nancy Hale

Nancy Hale Member

+153
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hashbrown casserole. You can add meat to it for a maindish. It's terribly unhealthy, but everyone loves it.
    Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole recipe

5. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,860
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Potlucks seem problematic. There's no planning, hence the word "luck" in the name, I guess. What if ten people all decide to bring vegetable dishes? A guy with my eating habits could possibly fall ill from sudden over-nutrition. I'm Texan, so if I had to pick my ethnic dish it would probably be either chili or chicken fried steak.

6. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! My Weakness for His Strength Supporter

+692
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
  7. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,660
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Desert - Best Ever Banana Cake ... and IT IS! Very dense, much like carrot cake.

8. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! My Weakness for His Strength Supporter

+692
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I saved that and will make eventually. Thanks.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,574
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Bread. And really good butter.

New York Times no knead recipe. Super easy. Cheap. Always a hit. You have to start it the day before tho.