Positions in Heaven

Positions in Heaven

• I will be on the front row of the throne, while back-slider will sit in the back.

• Those that served more will get more rewards, but give them back.

• We will all be equal in heaven

• I'll be jealous of all those that rule over me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you believe there are different positions in heaven or
greater rewards for some than others?

Do you believe some will have higher standing based on their life on earth? Like will some have a front row seat
to the throne, why others sit in the back.

Do you believe that you will rule over others in heaven?
Will there be classes in heaven?

D

dies-l

Do you believe there are different positions in heaven or
greater rewards for some than others?

Do you believe some will have higher standing based on their life on earth? Like will some have a front row seat
to the throne, why others sit in the back.

Do you believe that you will rule over others in heaven?
Will there be classes in heaven?

I tend to believe that eternity is so far outside of our temporal understanding that it is likely that our current understandings of things like status and position will make no sense in eternity.

Upvote 0

bunced

Apr 4, 2007
✟5,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm not sure. I have to confess this is mostly guesses

But I have a sneaking feeling that if there are celebrities in heaven, they won't be the amazing pastors or the great "soldiers of the faith", but they will be the people who hide in the background, who day after day constantly serve God in little things like cutting old peoples' toe nails, content to be outside the limelight but to simply love.

People who think they are great Christians, who talk the talk and walk the walk, and who think they are just sorted with God may find themselves coming place to sinners and backsliders and the people we often outcast, who acknowledge their failure and try to make amends, and who know that they have fallen short and receive Christ's love and grace.

You see, there are lots of things I am unsure about. But one thing I have learnt is that God's priorities in people are very different to our own. We may be very surprised to see who is considered great - maybe it will help us to re-assess our lives thinking on such things, especially what we look for in people - do we value the same things as God??

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.