Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Again another non-sensical post.

The Church doesn't work that way. We aren't an Evangelical church where a pastor can just change whatever and the people blindly follow.

In Catholicism we have a set of beliefs we call the deposit of faith, and no one has the authority to change them, no pope, no bishop, no council, and definitely no layman.

What you are describing is found in Protestantism, not Catholicism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? The Bible tells you to pray to Mary and lift her up as a pseudo god? The Bible tells you to venerate bones and seek them to magically heal?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You are the one standing in judgment. I submit to those sent by Jesus. You read scripture and create your own personal dogmas.

No where have I tried to tell you what you believe, nor have I passed judgement on you the way you are doing so to me.

You have absolutely NO basis for your claims and judgements. You have repeatedly put words in my mouth and told me that you know what I do and don't believe in regard to my faith.

Who are you go make such judgments?

Do you know me better than I know myself?

Do you know me better than God knows me?

I encourage you to actually think and pray about what you're writing before you post it.

You seem to want to continually deride others and proclaim that you are right while they are wrong.

Thankfully you will not be my judge, God alone will judge me.

And though you have proclaimed that I am somehow in error, inventing my own dogmas and desiring to be my own "Pope", I will not respond to your condescension and judgement by treating you the way you have treated me.

Blessings always,

~Amariselle

(And now I am leaving, because, as I said before, I get the distinct impression I am not welcome here)

The ironic thing about that is, I am actually very traditional, and I grew up in a very traditional and liturgical church.

Sad really that there is so much judgement and presumption here, and no one can actually discuss what they believe, because certain members are intent on telling them what they think and believe without even asking.

God bless everyone. <3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.