Florida
✟18,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The question has been swirling ever since Francis laid his hands Sunday on the head of a young man after celebrating Mass in St. Peter's Square. The young man heaved deeply a half-dozen times, shook, and he then slumped in his wheelchair as Francis prayed over him.
The television station of the Italian bishops' conference said it had surveyed exorcists, who agreed there was "no doubt" that Francis either performed an exorcism or a prayer to free the man from the devil....

Thoughts?

Image of Pope Francis with faithful leads to suspicion he performed exorcism | Fox News

Pope Francis 'performs exorcism' - YouTube

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I said in the other post that desalt with this. I didn't see anything dramatic in the video. It looked like he as laying on hands.

That's what it looked like to me, like the recipient was just kind of awed to have hands laid on him by the Pope.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
go ye to all the world.... preach, teach, and heal....correct?

Mark 16.16-20 these signs and wonders will accompany those who "believe"

Mark 11.23-4 speak to the mountain (our authority as sons of God)

Luke 9.1, 10.9 given us authority over evil to speak God's Word and Plead the blood of Jesus - Revelation 12.11

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The laying of hands is a normative part of the Church. The ritual of exorcism occurs very infrequently. So, no, this was not the ritual of exorcism. Whether evil spirits were driven from the person is something else again. That certainly can happen in healing.

I've been at a healing service where a demon was called out, with the ritual of exorcism. It can happen, but it is rare and dangerous. Others have also seen Father D'Orio exorcise demons in these services.

I would note that what occurred in the video resembles the very common response to a healer, resting in the spirit.

Upvote 0