Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Francis on why there's no International Mens Day: 'We men are celebrating every day'

Flying home from his apostolic trip to Iraq on March 8, the pope gave his customary press conference to the journalists who accompanied him on the journey.

According to Vatican News, he started off noting that March 8 is International Women’s Day and revealed that, during a conversation with the president of Iraq and his wife, the annual celebration was mentioned. It was commented there is no International Men’s Day.

Continued below.
Pope Francis: International Women's Day and the "Marian Style"

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to lie. I love Pope Francis. I don't have anything against the previous two. I like John Paul II's writings on love. But Pope Francis hits a lot of my "that's right" buttons.

"We men are celebrating every day." Classic.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to lie. I love Pope Francis. I don't have anything against the previous two. I like John Paul II's writings on love. But Pope Francis hits a lot of my "that's right" buttons.

"We men are celebrating every day." Classic.
I figured these articles would inspire some discussion. :) Just waiting for @Paidiske to see them.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This OP is so good I think it deserves another. ;)
Well I posted more. I think this forum is the inspiration of @Paidiske. I realize what I posted is from a different faith perspective but I thought it fertile soil for discussion here within the freedom of this forum. I just thought it would be interesting.

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you hadn't mentioned me, Michie, I might not have replied, because I would have assumed without checking that this was in OBOB...

Anyway. I do agree that I like this Pope. The others in my lifetime I have found difficult, but Pope Francis speaks in a way where I can appreciate the freshness and the hope and the joy of the Spirit.

Upvote 0