Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A song referring to sex doesn't necessarily bother me provided it comes from an artist whose material has depth and substance to it.

For example, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is obviously about sex but his repertoire extends far beyond that. Not every song is about getting with some random chick in a club or something. (he isn't that kind of artist anyway)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, it was about that stuff, but the song seemed so charming, silly, and the video with the wild claymation, it never dawned on me! LOL

A song referring to sex doesn't necessarily bother me provided it comes from an artist whose material has depth and substance to it.

For example, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer is obviously about sex but his repertoire extends far beyond that. Not every song is about getting with some random chick in a club or something. (he isn't that kind of artist anyway)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.

Have any of you noticed the novelty of curse words?

Hey - they think - let's really rebel and throw a few f-bombs in there for good measure! Immature. :(

Thanks for the responses so far everybody. :)
Yep. Seriously, if there was a reason for it in writing good lyrics that would be one thing. But the lyrics are not good & the curse words just overkill on an already bad song.

Upvote 0

JBMM

Islander
Apr 16, 2009
✟28,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'm sorry to be a pest here but could you walk through the logical algebra that gets you from here:

to here:

Because I'm missing a step I think.....

What I mean is that moral relativism is not the truth. That the Church and Christ have the only universal truth - a universal set of morals. Most pop music is relative because they believe it is okay for this society or okay for this person or okay for this day of the week. They are ignoring the one, universal truth. Basically they are being immoral and ignoring the Church and Christ. Doing anything to sell some albums.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I try to oversing new lyrics if a song is on the radio in the car.
Mostly i avoid video's from GaGa and Spears.
Not into raunch.

Lady GaGa is ridiculous - and that's the nicest way possible i will put it. Someday she will grow up - hoping eventually Madonna would too - but i doubt these types ever cringe at the mess they paste on film.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JBMM

Islander
Apr 16, 2009
✟28,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I used to listen to Lady Gaga before I started venturing back toward the church. Way too much, now.

Also Marilyn Manson is a staple people should avoid. And even Metallica is a bit much. There are some good Metallica songs but, some are just violent and sexual and generally too over the top.

Television though, that's even worse, really. :|

:)

Upvote 0
I try to oversing new lyrics if a song is on the radio in the car.
Mostly i avoid video's from GaGa and Spears.
Not into raunch.

Lady GaGa is ridiculous - and that's the nicest way possible i will put it. Someday she will grow up - hoping eventually Madonna would too - but i doubt these types ever cringe at the mess they paste on film.

Will we can't waste are time judge b/c we are not who to judge only God and don't doubt you should pray for them in believe that God can change them b/c he can. Were here for a purpose to save life now have faith and pray to God that they can become a christian.

=Smiley(=

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0