Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Awesome find!! (And I love the part about part of the pool being beneath the garden behind an Orthodox Church. :) )

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05221/550792.stm

Workers repairing a sewage pipe in the old city of Jerusalem have discovered the biblical Pool of Siloam, a freshwater reservoir that was a major gathering place for ancient Jews making religious pilgrimages to the city and the reputed site where Jesus cured a man blind from birth, according to the Gospel of John....

K

Kolya

choirfiend said:
There is a reconstruction of the pool (made in ancient times) that was just a few hundred feet from the actual one...That must have been the one S. was in.

Yea, I was talking to her now about it. That was the reconstruction. But we've heard sad news that that one is full of sewage water now. I don't know how true that is?

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Kolya said:
The pool of Siloam has been around quite a while already. Hezekiah's Tunnel flows into it, as the article pointed out. That is correct.
Seraphima walked the length of the tunnel in 1985 in waist deep water, and came out in the pool of Siloam. Her Arab guide made her 'baptise' herself in it, but it did not bring back her sight!:)
According to the article, there are 3 pools. THIS is the one that Christ healed the blind man in.

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Photini said:
According to the article, there are 3 pools. THIS is the one that Christ healed the blind man in.

Yea, if only it had been around in 1985. Who knows?:p (But she wasn't Orthodox yet. An old priest chased S and her mother out of the Holy Sepulchar because he wanted to pray there. She was annoyed at the time, but understands now.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.