Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,143.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Married
My husband could not get me pregnant and thought last fall I could have sex eith other men to get pregnant, have boyfriends.

Now he is on dating sites and has met a woman twice. He told me to let him have his fun.

He says he wants a divorce but then will be intimate with me anyway.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Wow... from a Christian POV that is totally a complete violation of his martial vows.

Even if you approach this from a pro-polyamory POV (because those people do exist), vast majority of them would have a HUGE problem with his behavior. 1) He does not have you consent to be doing this, and 2) even pro-polyamory people view relationships as way more than just as sex call.

Advice from all POV's: lawyer up and file divorce. You need to protect yourself from this man- he is NO husband.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It sounds to me that it was a good thing he couldn't get you pregnant (and his "solution" sounds more like an excuse for him to be given the same privilege). I'm sorry you're going through this.

I went back reading your old posts (b/c I remembered your screen name)....have you only been married a little over 2 years?

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My husband could not get me pregnant and thought last fall I could have sex eith other men to get pregnant, have boyfriends.

Now he is on dating sites and has met a woman twice. He told me to let him have his fun.

He says he wants a divorce but then will be intimate with me anyway.
I'm sorry for all you are going through. Praying for a resolution to your issues, and healing for your pain. Biblically, it sounds like you have grounds for divorce if you desire.

(ETA: Thinking of Nova Scotia, I have really good memories of the Anglican Church of Canada in Halifax - St. Paul's - which provided my wife and I shelter when we needed a home so many years ago...love you Maritimers.)

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟112,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I also checked out your past posts - and I'm a little curious about the whole timing thing.

Looks like you got married in Feb of 2015. Within 2-3 months you were talking about how you couldn't conceive and were looking to adopt.

Forgive my asking - but how did you learn that you weren't able to conceive? The timing is just bizarre to me. Most people usually try for a while, fail, then contemplate getting tested, mull around for a bit and then finally get the testing done. Then whenever the test results come back, they then mull around the thought of adoption, etc.

Like, my wife and I had a hard time conceiving. We started trying in 2006, and didn't end up conceiving until 2010. We probably didn't start getting tested until after 2 years of not being successful - lol (so around 2008). By your timing though, it's like you tried two cycles, and then immediately were talking adoption.

That's interesting to me...and it makes me wonder...how did you come to the infertility conclusion?

And clearly - if the hubby was saying you ought go out and have sex with other dudes - was the conclusion from the docs that he had a low sperm count or something? He's the infertile one?

Either way - you've got a wacky situation and you ought get out of it.

Upvote 0